Claims management regulation
We are aware of a scam 'Reminder notice' email being circulated. This is not from the MoJ or Claims Management Regulator. For more information see our Fraud and scams page.
The Claims Management Regulator is responsible for regulating businesses that handle certain types of claims for compensation in relation to personal injury, financial products/services (such as mis-sold payment protection insurance), employment matters, criminal injuries, industrial injuries disablement benefit and housing disrepair.
Businesses providing these types of services are most commonly known as claims management companies.
You can check if a business is regulated by checking our authorised business register.
- Claims Management Regulation Business Bulletin No. 22 - March 2014
- Clampdown on rogue claims firms
- Guidance on financial services complaints and claims management companies
- Claims management complaints service to be toughened
- Proposals to amend the Conduct of Authorised Persons Rules: The Financial Services Perspective - consultation