Legislation and regulations
See the Conduct of Business page for more detailed codes of practice including:
- Conduct of Authorised Persons Rules 2013
- Complaints Handling Rules 2006
- Client Accounts Rules 2006.
Compensation (Claims Management Services) (Amendment) Regulations 2008
These regulations cover:
- granting authorisation
- criteria for waiving the requirement of authorisation
- arrangements for setting fees
- provision for the Regulator to require authorised persons to have professional indemnity insurance
- provision for the Regulator to make rules for the professional conduct of authorised persons
- requirement to have a complaints handling procedure
- provision for the Regulator to audit or investigate businesses
Consultations relating to claims management are held on the Ministry of Justice's consultation hub.