Askham Grange prison visiting information
Sat & Sun: 13:45 - 15:45
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email email@example.com.
Additional information: You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Booking information: Ring the prison and book with the Gate Officer – 01904 772 026. The booking must then be followed up by a letter / fax of confirmation on headed paper from the Official Visitor.
There is a family-friendly visitor's centre run by the Prison Advice and Care Trust (PACT), a national charity. Visitors are offered a warm welcome, information and support. Further information can be found on the PACT website or by calling 01904 772 026 to speak to a member of the PACT team.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
- Bus: The direct bus service to Askham Richard village operates 3 or 4 times per day before 09:00 and after 16:00. Please check the Internet for the latest Information. (Utopia bus services rout 37). The Coastliner bus service operates on the A64 road between York and Leeds at frequent intervals. If this route is used tickets should be booked to the Buckles Inn which is a 15 minute walk from the prison.
- Train: The nearest railway station is York which is served by Kings Cross (London), journey time approximately 2 hours.
- Car: When approaching from York take the A64 for Leeds past Copmanthorpe village, take the next exit onto the flyover to the roundabout. Leave by the second exit passing Askham Bryan College on the left hand side and take the next left signposted Askham Richard. After approximately 1 mile turn right into Askham Richard village. From Leeds turn left off the A64 at the Buckles Inn, sign posted Askham Richard, carry straight on over the hill to the “T” junction, turn left then right into Askham Richard village.
- Parking: There is ample parking in the prison grounds