Askham Grange prison visiting information
Sat & Sun: 13:45 - 15:45
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information: You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Booking information: Ring the prison and book with the Gate Officer – 01904 772 026. The booking must then be followed up by a letter / fax of confirmation on headed paper from the Official Visitor.
How to get there:
- Bus: One bus service operates from York to Askham Richard. No 87 Tadcaster from Railway Station: Mon-Fri: 12:08 and 14:28; Saturday: 12:08 and 15:38. A bus service operates on the A64 road between York and Leeds at frequent intervals. If this route is used, tickets should be booked to the Buckles Inn.
- Train: The nearest railway station is York, which is served by (London) Kings Cross, journey time approximately 2 hours.
- Car: When travelling by road and approaching from York, take the A64 past Copmanthorpe village, then, take the left exit onto the flyover leading to the roundabout. From there take the 1st exit, passing Askham Bryan College on the left, then take the first left before reaching Askham Bryan itself. Then, after approximately 1 mile, take first right into Askham Richard. From Leeds, turn left at Buckles Inn, signposted Askham Richard.
- Parking is available within the prison grounds.