Bedford prison visiting information
Mon: 13:45 – 14:45 & 15:15 – 16:15
Tue: 13:45 – 14:45 & 15:15 – 16:15
Wed: 13:45 – 14:45 & 15:15 – 16:15
Thu: 13:45 – 14:45 & 15:15 – 16:15
Sat: 13:45 – 14:45 & 15:15 – 16:15
Sun: 13:45 – 14:45 & 15:15 – 16:15
Booking information: All domestic visits must be pre-booked on 01234 373196. The visits booking line is open from 10:00 - 16:00, Monday to Friday.
Alternatively, you can book by emailing email@example.com stating prisoners name, number and preferred times. Your visit will then be confirmed via return email.
Visitors should be in receipt of a valid visiting order prior to booking any visits. Additional Children's visits on Wednesdays 11:00 - 13:00 (arranged via the Visitor's Centre).
Additional information: The Visitors Centre is run by the Ormiston Trust. There is wheelchair access and a no smoking policy. All domestic visitors must report to the Visitors Centre before entering the prison. A children's play area with supervised play activity & baby changing facilities.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Mon-Fri: 09:30 – 11:45 & 14:00 – 16:15
Booking information: Legal visits must be pre-booked on 01234 373179.
How to get there:
The prison is located approximately half a mile from Bedford town centre.
- Bus: The bus station is a very short walk from the prison. There is a regular bus service from all local towns.
- Train: There is a main line station in Bedford town centre and the prison is a 10 minute walk away. You can consult timetables at www.nationalrail.co.uk. The Prison Service is not responsible for the maintenance or content of this site.
- Car: From the South, take the M1 and exit at junction 13. Follow signposts to Bedford town centre. The prison is located on the A428 in the town centre.
- From the North, take the M1 and exit at junction 14 and follow signposts to Bedford town centre. The prison is situated on this road near to the centre of town.
- Parking at the prison is extremely limited and there are a number of car parks in the town centre.