Blantyre House prison visiting information
Wed: 13:45 - 16:00
Sat: 13:45 - 16:00
Sun: 13:45 - 16:00
Booking information: There is no requirement to book a visit, however a Visiting Order will need to be filled in on arrival.
Additional information: The visitor will need to bring two forms of ID, one with a photograph and another with a name and address, ie a utility bill. A number of family days are held throughout the year. Once a prisoner has been risk assessed and re-categorised to D, they will be allowed out on town visits.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Mon - Sun: Mornings only
Booking information: Booking line 01580 213 323
How to get there:
- From London Charing Cross to Marden or Staplehurst stations and then by taxi (01580 893464)
- There are no bus services to Blantyre House
- From London Route via Tonbridge and Goudhurst: Using the M25: Take the A21 road, bypassing Tonbridge and Pembury, fork left onto A262 (signposted Ashford and Goudhurst) pass through village past the Church, straight on passing the Peacock Inn on the right, turn left at the next crossroads (signposted Colliers Green and Blantyre House), keep bearing left at all turnings arriving Blantyre House.
- From London Route via Maidstone and Staplehurst: Using the M20: Take M20 motorway out of London. In Maidstone take the A229 Maidstone to Hastings road to Staplehurst. On leaving the village of Staplehurst continue on A229 for 4 miles until you reach the roundabout, take Goudhurst road (third exit A262) Continue to small crossroads (Blantyre House signposted). Turn right. Left hand turn after 2 miles, again signposted continue for 2 miles. Prison on your left.
- From the south Route via Hawkhurst: Take the A229 Hastings to Maidstone road, at Hawkhurst follow signpost to Maidstone, after 22 miles turn left onto the B2085 road (signposted Goudhurst), turn right at the Peacock Inn onto the A262. Turn left at the next crossroads (2 mile) signposted Colliers Green and Blantyre House, keep bearing left at all turnings, arriving at Blantyre House (1.75 miles)