Brinsford prison visiting information
Mon: 13:30 - 16 :00
Tue: 13:30 - 16 :00
Thu: 13:30 - 16 :00
Sat: 13:30 - 16 :00
Sun: 13:30 - 16 :00
Visits will be two hours in duration.
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email. You’ll also receive your visiting order (VO) number by email. You must bring this with you when you visit.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Social visits booking line, 0300 060 6500, is open Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 18:00 hours. Telephone bookings can be made up until 18:00, two days prior to a visit. For example, the last booking for a Thursday visit will be 18:00 on Tuesday. Visits can be booked up to 28 days in advance. A request for a visit will be confirmed, the visit is not confirmed until notification has been received. The booking service is closed on Bank Holidays.
Only 2 adult visitors are allowed to visit. An additional visitor is permitted if he/she is a parent to the young person/young adult. Children over the age of 10 will be classed as adults for seating purposes.
All children 16 or under must be accompanied by their own parents. Visitors aged 16 must be accompanied by their own parent. Visitors aged 17 must be accompanied by either their own parent or the parent of the young person/young adult they are visiting. Any exceptional circumstances will require a Governor's letter.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
A Community Transport service will operate on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday picking up from Birmingham New Street railway station and Wolverhampton railway station and then onto the establishment.
Bookings for the service must be made in advance on 0800 316 9048 and service users must register using the above free phone number before travel. Return fares are applicable and can be paid to the driver on the day of travel. For further details regarding the service please call 0800 316 9048.
Mon: 09:20 - 10:20, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:20 - 15:20 & 15:30 -16:30
Tue: 09:20 - 10:20, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:20 - 15:20 & 15:30 -16:30
Wed: 09:20 - 10:20, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:20 - 15:20 & 15:30 -16:30
Thu: 09:20 - 10:20, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:20 - 15:20 & 15:30 -16:30
Fri: 09:20 - 10:20 & 10:30 - 11:30
Booking information: Official Visits Booking Line, 0300 060 6500, is open Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 18:00 hours. Telephone bookings can be made up until 18:00, two days prior to a visit. For example, the last booking for a Thursday visit will be 18:00 on Tuesday. A request for a visit will be confirmed, the visit is not confirmed until notification has been received. The booking service is closed on Bank Holidays.
Official visits can also be made by email: email@example.com
There are no legal visits on Bank Holidays or weekends.
How to get there:
- Train: The nearest rail station is Wolverhampton.
- Bus: A bus service runs between Wolverhampton and Cannock (874), 13:15 hours. The bus station is situated immediately outside the railway station. Any visitors arriving by bus will need to book the second visits session. Enquires: Arriva Midlands North on 01543 466 123. There is no public bus service on a Sunday.
- Car: from Wolverhampton: Take the A460 sign posted for Cannock to M54 island junction 1. Straight across at island following A460 Cannock sign to the first set of traffic lights. Turn let at traffic lights, this is New Road and is sign posted HMP & YOI Brinsford, HMP Featherstone. Straight down New Road, approximately 1.1 miles then take the 6th turning left – HMP & YOI Brinsford is approximately 200 yards on the right.
- From Stafford: Take the A449, sign posted to Wolverhampton. Straight on A449 to A5 island (Gailey Caravans is on the right). Across the island, still following A449 after approximately 1½ miles you will come to the Four Ashes Public House. Past the Four Ashes for approximately ¾ mile then turn left, sign posted for Brinsford and Featherstone. Follow this road for approximately 1½ miles and you will come to New Road. Turn left. Follow New Road over the bridge and take the second turn on the right. Brinsford is approximately 200 yards on the right.
- South via M6: Travelling south on the M6, Brinsford lies approximately 2½ miles from junction 11, M6. Off junction 11, right round island, take 4th exit - follow sign A460 Wolverhampton. Straight on A460 until you reach first set of traffic lights, approximately 1.1 miles. Turn right at traffic lights. This is New Road, Featherstone, sign posted HMP & YOI Brinsford, HMP Featherstone. Straight down New Road, approximately 1.1 miles take the 6th turning left off New Road, HMYOI Brinsford is approximately 200 yards on the right.
- North via M6: Travelling north on the M6 Brinsford is situated approximately 3 miles from junction 10A. Off junction 10A M54 to junction 1. Off junction 1 right round island, take 3rd exit, follow sign for A460 Cannock. Straight on A460 until you reach first set of traffic lights, approximately ¾ mile. Turn left at traffic lights. This is New Road and is sign posted for HMP & YOI Brinsford and HMP Featherstone. Straight down New Road approximately 1.1 miles, take the 6th turning left off New Road. HMP & YOI Brinsford is approximately 200 yards on right.
- A dedicated parking area for visitors is provided next to the Visitors Centre.