Brixton prison visiting information
Tue and Thurs 08:30 - 10:00*, 10:30 – 11:45*, 13:15 - 14:30, 15:00 – 16:15
Sat: 09:00 – 10:15, 10:45 – 12:00, 13:45 – 15:00, 15:30 – 16:45
Sun: 13:45 - 16:45 (enhanced only)
Tue and Thurs 08:30 – 11:45*, 13:15 – 16:15
Sat: 09:00 – 12:00, 13:15 - 16:45
Sun: 13:45 – 16:45 (enhanced only)
* denotes, No children’s play supervisor for these sessions.
Booking information: Visits can be booked by calling 020 8678 1433. You can also book visits by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Bookings can be done up to 28 days.
Visitor centre: There is a family-friendly Visitor's Centre run by Spurgeons, a national charity. Visitors are offered a warm welcome, information and support. For more information please go to www.spurgeons.org/hmp-brixton, call 020 8588 6406 or email email@example.com
Additional information: Sundays - workforce and enhanced prisoners only.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Legal visits are only available on Tuesdays and Thursdays, at the same times as social visits.
We encourage all social visitors to book through the Online Booking tool. Please also note that the social visits phone line now only operates between 13:30 – 16:30 to allow us to respond to Online Booking requests each morning.
How to get there:
- Bus: The following buses pass the prison: No's. 45, 59, 109, 118, 133, 159, and 250. Alight at Jebb Avenue. All buses stop outside the Underground Station.
- Train: Overground - The nearest mainline station is Brixton. Complete the journey by bus (see below for details). Underground - Brixton (on the Victoria line) is the nearest tube station.
- Car: The prison is situated one mile south of Brixton on the A23, off Brixton Hill
- Parking on Jebb Avenue is restricted to permit holders and a clamping scheme is in operation. Official visitors can make individual arrangements through the Governor's Secretary. Nearby off-street parking is available.