Bronzefield Prison information
HMP & YOI Bronzefield is a modern purpose built prison for women which opened in June 2004. It performs the function of a local prison, accepting prisoners direct from the courts and is run by Sodexo Justice Services.
Tel: 01784 425690
Fax: 01784 425691
Director: Ian Whiteside
Deputy Director: Vicky Robinson
Controller: Gary Crosskey
Operational Capacity: 527 from January 2010
Type of Accommodation: 3 main residential units holding approximately 135 women each. A fourth residential unit holding 77 women was opened in January 2010. Bronzefield also has Level 4 Healthcare provision with inpatient facilities for 18 women. A smaller 10-bed Help & Direction Unit which served as an intermediary unit between Healthcare and main residence was decommissioned by MoJ in October 2010. Bronzefield also has a Separation & Care Unit.
Reception Criteria: Direct from courts within the catchment area. Remand and trial adults and young adults. Short term sentenced adults up to 6 months. Mothers & Babies (up to 18 months). Restricted Status prisoners; life sentenced prisoners and young offenders.
- Full time education including Art, ESOL, IT and Basic Skills
- Arts workshop, Sewing Workshop, Induction Suite, and Resettlement Centre
- Vocational training in catering, cleaning, customer service, painting & decorating and business administration
- Physical Education
- Integrated Recovery model including clinical and psychosocial alcohol provision
- LINK centre including a wide range of voluntary and third sector agency provision including Job Deal, Job Centre Plus, WISH (mental health community support) and Immigration Health and Advice Service.