Bronzefield prison visiting information
Monday: 14:00-16:00 (convicted/sentenced residents only) and 16:15-17:15 (all residents)
Tuesday: 14:00-15:00, 15:15-16:15 and 16:15-17:15 (all residents)
Wednesday: 14:00-16:00 (convicted/sentenced residents only) and 16:15-17:15 (all residents)
Thursday: 14:00-15:00, 15:15-16:15 and 16:15-17:15 (all residents)
Saturday: 09:30-11:45 (convicted/sentenced residents only), 14:00 – 15:00 and 15:30-16:30 (all residents)
Sunday: 14:00 - 15:00 and 15:30 - 16:30 (all residents)
Booking information: Residents can make their own booking arrangements via the POD system on their house blocks. Please liaise with the resident to arrange convenient times for her to make visit bookings. Please note Visiting Orders for sentenced prisoners are no longer posted out. Please come to the Visitors Reception Centre to have your ID checked whether you are visiting someone on remand, convicted or sentenced.
You will need to bring in one form of valid photographic ID and two proofs of address at each visit.
Valid Photo ID: Current passport, current driving license, provisional driving license, work ID card (with photo), student ID card with photo, senior citizen’s public transport pass (issued by local authority)
Proof of address: Benefits book, bank statement, utility bill, tenancy agreement
You may bring in up to £50 cash to be put into the account of the resident you are visiting – this can be done before or after your visit. You will need to ensure that you have the residents full name and prison number.
From the 1 July 2017 HMP / YOI Bronzefield will be a smoke free site for all visitors. Therefore all tobacco/cigarettes/lighters and any other smoking paraphernalia will be classed as illicit articles and should not be brought to the prison. There are lockers available in the visits reception area should you need to store any items.
Children’s visits and extended family visits are also available. Please ask staff for further details.
The Visitors Reception Centre is run by Sodexo Justice Services. Visitors are offered a warm welcome, advice and support. The Centre opens 45 minutes prior to the start of visits – please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of your visit. Remand standard and enhanced residents can book a minimum of one hour everyday apart from Fridays when Social Visits are closed. Convicted and standard residents can book a maximum of four visits per month, all of which can be of two hours in duration. Convicted enhanced residents can book a maximum of six visits per month. Further information can be obtained from the Visitors Reception Centre.
Visiting arrangements for Bank Holidays are the same as the weekend social visits. There are no visits on Christmas Day.
The Visitors Reception Centre is located at the front of the prison and has easy access for wheelchairs. There are lockers available within the visitors entry area should you wish to leave your belongings in them. All social visitors are required to book in prior to their visit commencing. Within the Visits Hall there is a tea bar operated by the Friends of Bronzefield, there are also toilet, baby changing and wash facilities available. You may bring up to £10 to purchase refreshments and snacks from the tea bar. The Visitors Reception Centre and the main visits hall have children’s play areas.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme website page for more information
Mon - Fri: 09:00-11:45 and 14.30-16.45
Booking information: Legal representatives should email their requests as an attachment to the email on company headed paper to Bronzefield.LegalVisits@sodexogov.co.uk. We require at least three weeks-notice and will aim to email a confirmation no later than one week prior to the visit date requested.Video link bookings can be made via BF.Videolink@sodexogov.co.uk.
How to get there:
- Bus: The 117 (Staines – Ashford – Feltham – Hounslow – Isleworth) or the 216 (Kingston – Hampton – Sunbury – Ashford).
The 555/556/557 Tellings Golden Miller Heathrow Central – Stanwell – Ashford High Street and in reverse.
- Train: Ashford (Surrey) is the nearest train station. Come out of the railway station and walk straight ahead to the mini roundabout. Turn right into Woodthorpe Road. Continue straight along Woodthorpe Road, passing the Salvation Army Centre on your left, and HMP Bronzefield is approximately a further 400m on your right. This is a ten minute walk.
- Road From London – M4 Come off the M4 at junction 3. Turn left at traffic lights and along the A312 towards A30. At first roundabout continue straight on and immediately move into outside lane. Fork right, then turn right at traffic lights along the A30 (Great South West Road). At Clockhouse roundabout take fourth exit continuing long the A30. Turn left at traffic lights (opposite Ashford Hospital) onto B378. Take the fourth right into Stanwell Road, over the railway bridge, and right at the twin mini roundabouts into Woodthorpe Road. The Salvation Army Centre is approximately 100m on the left. HMP Bronzefield is 400m on right.
- From M25 Leave the M25 at junction 13. Follow the signs for A30 (Staines By-pass) for Staines and Ashford. On the approach to the Crooked Billet roundabout on the A30 move into left hand slip road (either lane) and carry on to the traffic lights. At the lights, follow the road round to the right to the next set of lights and go straight on to get onto the A308 (signposted Laleham, Sunbury and Kingston). Continue down the A308 and move into the right hand lane on the approach to Fordbridge roundabout. Take the third exit off the Fordbridge roundabout (signposted Staines and Laleham) onto Kingston Road. Continue down till you reach a mini roundabout and bear round to the right (signposted Staines) and continue along Kingston Road. At first set of traffic lights turn right into Woodthorpe Road. HMP Bronzefield is ½ mile down on the left hand side.
- From M3 Come off at junction 1, follow sign for A30 (Staines Road West) signposted Staines, Ashford and Sunbury. Continue down A308, through all five sets of traffic lights. On approach to Fordbridge roundabout on A308, move into left hand lane and take first left off the roundabout (signposted Staines and Laleham) for Kingston Road. At first mini roundabout carry on round to the right continuing on Kingston Road. At first set of traffic lights turn right into Woodthorpe Road. HMP Bronzefield is ½ mile on the left hand side.
- A Visitors Car Park is available.