Buckley Hall prison visiting information
Mon: 14:00 - 16:00
Tue: 14:00 - 16:00
Wed: 14:00 - 16:00
Thu: 14:00 - 16:00
Fri: 14:00 - 16:00
Sat: 09:30 - 11:30 & 14:00 - 16:00
Sun: 09:30 - 11:30 & 14:00 - 16:00
Please note that some of these sessions are for enhanced prisoners only - please ask the booking clerk at time of booking for more information.
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email email@example.com or call 01706 514350.
Additional information: No Smoking. Staffed Visitors Centre, Canteen in Visits, all visitors searched, random strip searches for prisoners after visits, open play area in Visits. Passive drug dogs on site.
For more information, please see our visitors information sheet.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Booking information: Pre-book on 01706 514 350 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails
with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this
establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique
landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The
prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You
can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there: Buckley Hall is situated 2 miles north of Rochdale in Lancashire.
- Bus: From Rochdale Bus Station take any of the following: 449, 450, 454, 55, 56, 57, 58, 527, 528, 589, 590, 700. Get off at Hamer Post Office and follow signs for prison, approx. 10 min. walk from bus stop. No direct bus to the prison.
- Train: By train to Rochdale Station then Taxi to the prison.
- Car: Exit the M62 Junction 21 signed 'Milnrow and Shaw'. From slip-road follow signs for Milnrow and Rochdale, leading onto the A640 -Elizabethan Way (Please note: From here HMP Buckley Hall is sign posted). At the first major junction turn right into the A664 Albert Royd Street signed Littleborough. Take a left at the next roundabout onto the Halifax Road signed Rochdale Town Centre. Take a second right again into Buckley Road. Do not go up the hill, but turn right opposite Park Road. Carry on down Buckley Road, and take the second exit at the roundabout. The prison is first left along this road.
- A car park is available for the use of both visitors and staff.
Visitor Information (36KB)
Visits Request Form (891KB)