Bullingdon prison visiting information
Mon: 14:15 - 15:45
Tue: 14:15 - 15:45
Wed: 14:15 - 15:45
Thu: 14:15 - 15:45
Sat: 14:15 - 15:45
Sun: 14:15 - 15:45
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email. You’ll also receive your visiting order (VO) number by email. You must bring this with you when you visit.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email email@example.com or call 01869 353 176. The line is open from: 9:30am to 11:30am and 14:00pm to 15:30pm.(please note that this line can be quite busy). To cancel a visit, please call 01869 356991.
This notice is to remind all visitors of the dress code policy at HMP Bullingdon.
While this will apply to all visitors, it is most important for Domestic visitors.
This is for the mutual respect and comfort of everyone in the visiting area; staff, prisoners, visitors and in particular children.
In recent months there have been a high number of visitors that are dressed in what could be described as 'indecent' clothing and, in some cases, this has no doubt been to enable inappropriate fondling to take place or to retrieve packages easier by a prisoner.
- All visitors are required to ensure a decent level of dress is observed at all times.
- Skirts must be of knee length.
- Shorts must cover the buttocks and upper thigh.
- Ladies tops must be sufficient enough to cover both the breasts and midriff area and must not be see-through. Cleavage must be appropriately covered so as not to cause offence to anyone in the area. Bras or camisole tops must not be worn as an external top.
- Males must be in full t-shirts or shirts with sleeves. Vests are not acceptable.
- Clothing displaying offensive patterns or logos will not be permitted (such as cannabis leaves, racist logos, gang tags or offensive language)
- No hooded tops or jumpers.
- Jackets can be worn from the visits centre to the hall but must be left on the hangers provided.
- Sunglasses, hats and scarves are not permitted with the exception of headwear for religious reasons.
The cultural and religious requirements of both visitors and offenders must be catered to. All cultures and religions allow searching but there are specifics to certain religions/cultures. For any specific queries please contact the Chaplaincy.
The Visits Staff have the authority to deny entry into the hall or terminate any visit if they feel prisoners or visitors are abusing the dress code or acting in an inappropriate manner.
A small amount of clothing will be available for visits centre staff to provide to visitors if centre managers feel clothing is inappropriate or indecent. If visitors decline the offer of these items of clothing, Visits Centre Managers will deny entry.
Additional information: You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Mon-Thu: 09:00 - 11:45 & 14:15 - 16:45
Fri: 09:00 - 11:45 & 14:15 - 16:15
How to get there:
- Train: Direct services run to Bicester Town station (trains to/from Oxford) or Bicester North Station; main line to/from London Marylebone and Birmingham. Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for more information. (Please note that the Prison Service is not responsible for the content of external websites).
- Bus: There is a regular bus service S5 (provided by Stagecoach - please note the Prison Service is not responsible for the content of external websites) to Bullingdon from Bicester town centre or taxis are available (approx 6 miles) to Bullingdon.
- Car: For Satellite Navigation purposes, please use OX25 1PZ or Patrick Haugh Road
- From M40, leave at junction 9 take the A41 towards Bicester/Aylesbury. At first roundabout, turn right & continue on A41 towards Aylesbury. After approx 1/2 mile, at the next roundabout take the third exit signposted A41 Aylesbury. After approx 1 mile, turn right onto B4011 signposted Thame. Continue for approx 2 miles. HMP Bullingdon is the first right turn after the level crossing.
- FROM M1, leave at junction 15 take the A508 towards Milton Keynes. At Old Stratford take the A422 to Buckingham and then join the A421 to Bicester. Join the A41 towards Aylesbury and continue as above.
- Car parking is available.