Regime information for Coldingley Prison
Standardised core day. The regime offers a wide range of purposeful activity, including full-time workshop employment, vocational training, education and a drug treatment programme (RAPt).
- New modern Training and Education Centre (TEC) with provision for up to 180 learners
- 40 place PICTA (Prisoners' ACT Academy) workshop
- 30 place aluminium windows workshop
- 10 place BIC training workshop
- Three industrial workshops offering vocationally related qualifications
Gymnasium and Sports
New fully equipped gymnasium with badminton court and a separate large area with weights and cardiovascular equipment. Newly laid outside sportsfield. Industry standard qualifications offered up to level 3.
Prisoners wishing to come to Coldingley to complete the RAPt programme (Rehabilitation of Addicted Prisoners Trust 12 step programme) should be assessed by the local CARATS worker. The assessment, together with the information listed below should be forwarded to Coldingley for final assessment as to their suitability.
- Confirmation of a minimum of 6 months left to serve
- Willing to sign up to the Coldingley compact
- Willing to undertake intensive drug programme
- Evidence of regular engagements with CARATs and recommended by CARATs
- Completed RAPt application form
- Acceptable behaviour as per normal transfer requirements
- Evidence of commitment to stay drug free
Managed by local PCT. Currently implementing IDTS (Integrated Drug Treatment System). New Healthcare facility due to be completed mid-2009. Type 1 Healthcare status with no inpatient facility. Extensive range of clinics available.