Deerbolt prison visiting information
Thu: 13:45 - 15:45
Sat: 13:45 - 15:45
Sun: 13:45 - 15:45
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please call 01833 633 349. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 12:00.
Or you can book by calling 01833 633349 Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 12:00.
Additional information: Visitors will not be allowed entry after 15:00. There are no visits on Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Years Day.
Persons booking a social visit must be in possession of a valid visiting order. Please read the the reverse of the visiting order carefully, as this contains vital information on the searching of visitors, and forms of identification needed to allow entry.
Within the visits/waiting area visitors are provided with information on a number of relevant subjects including what to do if you are concerned about somebody you are visiting. There is also a touch screen information system providing more information on facilities at Deerbolt.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
- Escort Area/Contractor: Area 8/GeoAMEY
- Local Authority: County: Durham. District
- Teesdale Constabulary
- Durham Constabulary
- Probation Service: County Durham Probation Service
- Independent Monitoring Board: Clerk to the Independent Monitoring Board - tel 01833 633248
Thu: 14:00 - 16:00
Booking information: Visits can be arranged on 01833 633 349, Monday - Friday between 09:00 & 12:00.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails
with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this
establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique
landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The
prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You
can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there (the prison is located near Barnard Castle County Durham):
Bus: The bus for Barnard Castle leaves from the bus station in Darlington Town Centre.
Train: Darlington is the nearest main line railway station to Barnard Castle, about 20 miles distance.
- From M6 - take exit 38 marked Tebay – Brough – Kirby Stephen – A685. Well signed at roundabout for A66 – Scotch Corner. Take A67 for Barnard Castle. After 4 miles you will arrive at a T Junction with the castle in front of you across the river. Turn left, and after 100 metres you will see HMYOI Deerbolt signed on your left.
- From A1 - leave the A1 at Scotch Corner – follow sign for A66 – Penrith – (Kendal) – Carlisle – Barnard Castle. After 12 miles you will see a sign for Barnard Castle. Follow the sign into the town and at the Market Cross (roundabout), go down the hill following the road round to the right until traffic lights are reached on the bridge. Over the bridge, turn right. HMYOI Deerbolt is the second on the left.
- From Darlington - take A67 out of Darlington, (direct road to Barnard Castle – 16 miles). On reaching Barnard Castle follow A67 which is the main road through the town. On reaching the Market Cross (roundabout), go round it and down the hill, following the road as it bears right until a set of traffic lights is reached at the bridge. Over the bridge turn right. HMYOI Deerbolt is the second on the left.