Drake Hall prison visiting information
Tue: 13:30 - 16:00
Sat: 13:30 - 15:45
Sun: 13:30 - 15:45
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email. You’ll also receive your visiting order (VO) number by email. You must bring this with you when you visit.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, email email@example.com
Booking line open Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 18:00. Telephone number: 0300 060 6501. The booking service is closed on Bank Holidays.
Additional information: Last admittance 14:30. Limited to 3 visitors per session and children. There is a unsupervised play area in the main visits for children.
All day family visits are usually held on Wednesdays during school holidays (normally 2 sessions during the summer holidays).
There is a outside visits centre where there are lockers (£1 requried) which also has vending machine for drinks and snacks. Inside there is a refreshment bar serving drinks and sandwiches as well as vending machines. Up £10 in small change (no notes) can be taken in visits to enable snacks etc to be purchased.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Mon: 09:00 - 11:30
Tue: 09:00 - 11:30
Wed: 09:00 - 11:30
Booking information: Booking Line 0300 060 6501, open 09.00 to 18.00, Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays). The booking service is closed on Bank Holidays.
You can also book by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information: Legal visits must be booked at least two working days before the legal visit is due to take place.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails
with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this
establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique
landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The
prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You
can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
- Bus: There are no bus services to the prison
- Train: to Stafford Station, taxi to prison (approximate cost £15.00 each way)
- Car: From the North M6, exit 15, take A519 to Eccleshall. The turning to Drake Hall is on the left as you approach the village (signposted Drake Hall)
- From the South M6, exit 14, take A5013 to Eccleshall. On arrival in Eccleshall turn right onto A519 at ‘T' junction and take second right (signposted Drake Hall)
- From the East, take A518 from Uttoxeter to Stafford. On approaching Stafford turn right at Polytechnic on A513 which passes under M6 at Junction 14 above.