East Sutton Park prison visiting information
Sat: 13:30 - 15:30
Sun: 09:30 – 1130 and 13:30 - 15:30
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
Up to three adults and three children can visit, you will also need their full names, dates of birth and address details at the time of booking.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
Visitors can be picked up and dropped off at Headcorn Railway Station, this is booked internally by the residents themselves.
Visits must be booked two weeks prior to the desired visits day.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days. Please email security.EastSuttonPark@hmps.gsi.gov.uk.
After initial risk assessments most women have 2 community visits a month of between 8 to 12 hours with their families.
If you have difficulties booking on-line, there is a visits booking line which will be open for a limited time each weekday for phone bookings. The number is 01622 785066 and open for bookings from 18:00hrs to 19:00hrs Monday to Friday
Additional information: You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Mon - Fri: 09:30 - 11:30 & 13:30 - 16:30
Booking information: By prior arrangement official visits can be booked by calling 01622 785010 between 09:30 - 16:30, Monday to Friday and supported with an official fax to 01622 785001.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails
with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this
establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique
landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The
prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You
can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
- Bus: There is a bus service (no. 12 or 812) from the Maidstone depot at the Chequers Centre, to Sutton Valence, which is a 1 mile walk from the prison. From Headcorn the no. 12 bus operates in the opposite direction. Walking from Sutton Valence leave by taking the left turning at the cross roads in the village centre (as you are facing downhill). Follow this road out of the village, past the Queen's Head, the Post Office, assorted shops and the Swan. Continue for approximately 1 mile out of the village and, where the road bends to the left and uphill, the Prison gates will be straight ahead. This will take approximately 20 - 30 minutes. (The bus is not the advised way to travel to the prison due to the long walk both ways.)
- Train: The nearest railway stations are Maidstone East and Headcorn, both lines have regular services from both London and the Kent Coast. Headcorn is approximately 5 miles from the prison and Maidstone East is approximately 12 miles from the prison. There is an infrequent bus service to Sutton Valence but the best way to arrive at the prison is by taxi
- Car: Leave M20 at Junction 8 (A20 - signed Lenham, Maidstone Services and Leeds Castle). Turn left at the first roundabout (A20), straight over the second roundabout. Turn right at the third roundabout joining the B2163. Follow this road past Leeds Castle and through the villages of Leeds and Langley to the "T" junction with the A274. (Plough Public House is on the right). Turn left on to the A274 (signed Sutton Valence and Headcorn). Turn left at the first cross-roads (signed East Sutton, Kingswood and Ulcombe). Turn at the second right hand turn (signed East Sutton). Go past the first left hand turn. The prison is a few hundred yards on the left on the bend.
- Visitors parking is the first left turn and straight to the end.