Foston Hall prison visiting information
(all visits are mixed remand and convicted)
Mon: 14:00 - 16:00
Wed: 14:00 - 16:00
Thur: 14:00 - 16:00
Fri: 14:00 - 16:00
Sat: 09:30 - 11:30 and 14:00 - 16:00
Sun: 09:30 - 11:30 and 14:00 - 16:00
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email email@example.com.
Additional information: You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Crisis Line: This is a dedicated telephone line for the members of the public, external agencies, family and friends to notify the prison with any concerns about a prisoner 01283 584319.
Official visits and Video Link
Mon - Fri: 09:30-11:30 and 14:00 – 16:00
A visitors' centre is available outside the main gate with toilet facilities and refreshments available, up to £10 in change (no notes) can be taken into visits to enable snacks etc to be purchased
Booking information: Book online at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
- The nearest mainline railway stations are situated at Derby to the east or Stoke on Trent to the west. Taxis are available from the railway stations. There is a rail link between Stoke on Trent and Derby which stops at Hatton/Tutbury which is approximately three miles from Foston Hall (you will need to take a taxi). Trains leave Derby hourly for Hatton/Tutbury.
- Arriva/Stephensons - Bus No 1 from Burton on Trent to Uttoxeter via Foston Hall (every hour).
- From the North East: M1 Junction 28 to Derby A38. Derby ring road to A50. A50 west to Uttoxeter/Stoke on Trent. Foston Hall is on the left hand side of the A50 dual carriageway just after the A5111 Burton on Trent junction. The prison is signposted from the A50.From the South: M1 Junction 24 onto A50 west (see above).
- From the North West: M6 Junction 15 follow signs for Uttoxeter/Derby A50 east. Exit the A50 at the A511 for Burton on Trent then follow the signs for the prison onto the A50 heading west.
- From the South West: M5, M42 north, off M42 at junction 9 signposted The Belfry/Lichfield A446. Follow signs for A38 Lichfield. Then A38 north as below.
- From the Midlands: A38 (Birmingham) heading north join A50 west at Toyota Roundabout.