Full Sutton visiting information, opening hours for social visits and contact details
Thu: 14.10 - 16.15
Fri: 13:20 - 16:15
Sat: 13:45 - 16:15
Sun: 13:45 - 16:15
Book visits online at www.gov.uk/prisonvisits or call the visits booking number: 01759 475355 which is open from 8.30am to 16.30pm.
Additional Information: The Visitors Centre is provided for visitors and has baby changing facilities, toilets, including a toilet for the disabled, a small play area for children.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Thu: 14.10 - 16:15
Fri: 09:00 - 11:00 and 13.20pm - 16.15pm
Additional information: Saturday and Sunday special visits can be accommodated if required.
How to get there:
- Bus: There is no bus service to HMP Full Sutton
- Train: York is the nearest rail station, and then complete journey by taxi or bus. Taxi costs vary, but you can expect to pay between £20 and £25 per journey to or from York Station. Please ask at the Visitors Centre for advice.
- Car: From the North, take the A1 or A19 to York, A166 York to Bridlington - 2 miles from Stamford Bridge.
- From the North West, take the M6 - M62 to Junction 33 make North on A1 to A64 Tadcaster to York bypass. Leave A64 from A166 Bridlington - 2 miles approx. from Stamford Bridge.
- From the South, take the A1/M1 - M6 to M62 north at junction 33 to A64 Tadcaster to York bypass. Leave 164 from A166 to Bridlington 2 miles from Stamford Bridge.
- From the East, Hull/Lincolnshire using Humber Bridge - A1079 Hull to York approx. 25 miles from Hull following signs for Pocklington - Stamford Bridge. Full Sutton is approximately 6 miles from A1079. From Goole: A614 to Bridlington. At Market Weighton roundabout take A1079 and follow signs as for directions from the east.
- All visitors in cars must park in the visitors car park which is well signposted.
Facilities List October 2010 (373KB)
Information for Families (292KB)