Hatfield prison visiting information
All visits must be booked on the Visits Booking Line - 01405 746611.
Wed: 13:40 - 15:45
Thu: 13:40 - 15:45
Sat: 13:40 - 15:45
Sun: 13:40 - 15:45
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email. You’ll also receive your visiting order (VO) number by email. You must bring this with you when you visit.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email SocialVisitsHatfield@hmps.gsi.gov.uk or call 01302 523 289. Lines open: Tuesday to Friday 09:30 - 15:30. Bookings can be made in person at the Visitors Centre on Saturday and Sunday. No telephone bookings taken on a weekend.
Additional information: No visits Christmas Day, Boxing Day or Good Friday. All visits must be booked prior to visit taking place. All visitors must have some form of ID with them. All visits require a VO. Maximum limits: 5 visitors, 3 of which can be adults.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Tue: 13:30 - 15:30
Wed: 13:30 - 15:45
Thu: 13:30 - 15:45
Booking information: Visits can be booked on 01302 523 000. Lines are open 09:00 – 12:00 & 13:00 - 15:00.
Additional information: Only one room for Solicitors and/or Police.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails
with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this
establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique
landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The
prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You
can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
- Nearest stations are Thorne North and Thorne South, however, the service is limited and there is no taxi rank. Doncaster Station is approximately 9 miles away and taxis are readily available.
- There is a limited bus service from Doncaster.
- To the establishment from Doncaster Bus Interchange - The number 68 bus leaves Doncaster Bus Interchange hourly on weekdays and Saturdays from 08.20 am. On Sundays the 88A leaves Doncaster Interchange at 12.35 pm, arriving at Cemetery Road at 1.03 pm (there is no direct route on a Sunday).
- Back into Doncaster - On weekdays and Saturdays the number 68 bus leaves the establishment at 22 minutes past the hour between 10 am and 3 pm, then 3.25, 4.25, the last one being 5.40 pm. On Sundays the only service back into Doncaster from outside the top of Cemetery Road is at 4.38 pm.
- For up to date information on buses, please telephone South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Office on 01709 515151. (When asking for information, please ask for Young Offenders Institution otherwise they will give out information for Moorland Closed)
- Exit M62, Junction 35 onto M18. Exit M18, Junction 5 onto M180. Turn right at the roundabout (4th exit) onto the A18 towards Doncaster. After approximately 1½ miles turn right onto the A1146 signposted Hatfield YOI (which was the former name). Moorland Open (not closed) is approximately ½ mile on the right.
- There is a visitors car park as you approach the establishment. Visitors must take care not to leave valuables in sight of other visitors.