Hollesley Bay prison visiting information
Sat: 14:00 - 15:45
Sun: 14:00 - 15:45
Booking information: Hollesley Bay operates a booked visits system where prisoners book the visits.
Booking online: To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
We are a no smoking prison - smoking is not permitted anywhere on the site.
Visits area has toilets, baby changing facilities, a children's room and canteen service during visits.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Mon: 09:00 - 16:30
Tue: 09:00 - 16:30
Wed: 09:00 - 16:30
Thu: 09:00 - 16:30
Fri: 09:00 - 16:30
Booking information: Pre-book on 01394 412 400.
Additional information: All Official visits i.e. Solicitors, Probation, Social Services etc. can take place Monday to Friday between 09:00 to 16:30.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there
- Bus: Public transport is very limited and there is no service on a Sunday. Local timetable - phone 0800 919390 (Ipswich buses).
- Train: Ipswich is the nearest main line station 17 miles from Hollesley Bay. Catch connecting trains to Melton Station or Woodbridge Station from Ipswich.
- Car: If travelling up the A12 from London it is easier to by-pass Ipswich by turning right at the roundabout marking the junction of the A12/A14. Follow the A14 over the Orwell Bridge and then re-join the A12 by following the Lowestoft and Woodbridge signs. Continue along the A12 for approximately three miles until you reach the Woodbridge by-pass. Do not go into Woodbridge but continue along the A12 Woodbridge by-pass until you reach the second roundabout. Here take the right turn (A1152) signposted to Melton. Proceed down the hill, across traffic lights and continue for about half a mile over a level crossing and river bridge. After the river fork right (roundabout) and take the road towards Bawdsey (and RAF Woodbridge). Continue past RAF Woodbridge base on your left. Take the next left fork, (do not go into Hollesley village). Carry on and bear right at the next fork. You will see a white concrete water tower which is at a crossroads. Go straight over. You will now be going through prison property and passing houses on your left. Continue past signpost for Warren Hill and Hollesley Bay is straight ahead.
- Ample car parking is available.