Huntercombe prison visiting information
All you need is:
- prisoner number
- prisoner’s date of birth
- dates of birth for all visitors coming with you
The prisoner must add you to their visitor list before you can book a visit.
You’ll get an email confirming your visit. It takes 1 to 3 days.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email SocialVisits.Huntercombe@hmps.gsi.gov.uk.
Mon: 14:00 - 16:00
Tues: no visits
Wed: no visits
Thu: 14:00 - 16:00
Fri: no visits
Sat: 14:00 - 16:00
Sun: 14:00 - 16:00
It is recommended that visitors arrive at least 15 minutes prior to visits starting, to allow for the ID process to be completed.
Last entry times for visits - 30 minutes before the end of visits. Any visitors arriving late will be refused entry.
Booking Information: (legal visits) Bookings for legal visits take place during the legal visits opening times but only until 16:00.
You can book a visit by emailing LegalVisits.Huntercombe@hmps.gsi.gov.uk and you will receive the E-Mail application form to complete. Official visitors are reminded to bring a letter of introduction to show on their arrival to the Gate Lodge to confirm their company details.
Additional information: A Visitors Centre is located outside the main gate. The visits room has a small Children's Play Area, toilets and nappy changing facilities. All areas are wheelchair friendly. A searching policy is in operation. Identification and proof of age is required.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
There is a family-friendly visitor's centre run by the Prison Advice and Care Trust (PACT), a national charity. Visitors are offered a warm welcome, information and support. Further information can be found on the PACT website or by calling 01491643328 to speak to a member of the PACT team.
Dress code for visitors
HMP Huntercombe operates a family orientated visits policy. Children accompany the majority of our visitors and we want to foster a relaxed family environment.
All visitors must adhere to this otherwise entry will be refused.
The following items of clothing are not allowed:
- Hats or scarves and head coverings which are not worn on religious grounds
- Metal hair accessories, including pins in headdresses
- No steel toe capped shoes/boots or cycle/motorcycle shoes
- No non-prescription glasses, i.e. sunglasses
- No heavy metal chains and pendants
- No crop tops revealing the navel
- No backless or see through tops
- No low cut tops revealing cleavage
- No male vests of any kind
- No uniforms of any kind / No football shirts
- No damaged clothes/Ripped jeans
- No items of clothing that display abusive or insulting words
- Only 1 pair of trousers
- No mini or very short skirts/dresses, unless worn with leggings (no skin to be showing)
- No shorts of hot pants length; all shorts must be mid-thigh to knee length
- No ponchos
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at HMP Huntercombe. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
The prison is located in Nuffield, near Henley on Thames.
- Bus: X39 from Henley on Thames (Hart Street).
- Train: From London (Paddington) take train to Reading where you should change for Henley-on-Thames. Then bus as above.
- Car: From M40, leave the M40 at Junction 7 onto the A329 heading South. At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A4074 towards Wallingford. At the next roundabout take the 2nd exit, signposted Henley-on-Thames A4130. Huntercombe is approximately 10 minutes down the road on your left. There is a road sign shortly before the driveway entrance, although this is not itself signposted.
From M4, if approaching from the East (London), exit M4 at Junction 8/9 onto the A404 and follow signs to Henely-on-Thames. Upon reaching Henley you will drive over a bridge over the Thames. Continue straight ahead to the next set of traffic lights, at which you should turn right. Continue straight over the first mini-roundabout. At the second mini-roundabout, turn left. Follow the road for approximately 10 minutes, passing through Nettlebed village. The turning to Huntercombe will be on your right, shortly after the speed limit is reduced to 40 mph.
Limited visitors' parking is available to the rear of the Visitors centre immediately to the right of the drive in as you enter the Prison Site.