Isis prison visiting information
Tue: 14.15-15.15 & 16.00-17.00
Wed: 14.15-15.15 & 16.00-17.00
Sat: 09.15-10.15 & 10.45-11.45 14.15-15.15 & 16.00-17.00
Any visitors arriving after the published start times will not be allowed entry. There is a strict clothing policy for visitors, please contact the visits booking clerk for further information. Offenders are able to book their own visits from kiosks based on each Houseblock spur.
Phone: 020 3356 4030 The booking line is staffed Monday to Friday 08.30-12.00 and 13.00-16.00.
Offenders are able to book their own visits from kiosks based on each Houseblock spur.
Visitor centre: There is a family-friendly Visitor's Centre run by Spurgeons, a national charity. Visitors are offered a warm welcome, information and support. For more information please go to www.spurgeons.org/hmp-isis, call 020 8317 3888 or email email@example.com.
Additional information: The visits complex consists of a main room with 40 tables, a supervised children's play area when open, and a refreshment counter.
Tue: 14:15-15:15 & 16.00-17.00
Wed: 14:15-15:15 & 16.00-17.00
Booking information (Official visits only):
Phone: 020 3356 4034. The booking line is staffed Monday to Friday 08.30-12.00 and 13.00-16.00. Alternatively official visitors can contact Isis by emailing LegalVisitsIsis@hmps.gsi.gov.uk.
Fax (official visits use only): 020 3356 4027
Additional information: Legal visits and closed visit sessions will last for one hour. However double sessions can be booked, subject to availability. There are a total of 14 legal visits rooms available.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
- Bus: From Woolwich Arsenal Station catch the 244 or 380 bus to the prison. The bus stop is situated directly outside the exit from the railway station. The 244 is the shorter route.
- Train: The nearest stations are Woolwich Arsenal and Plumstead. Catch a bus from Woolwich Arsenal station to the prison, or walk from Plumstead station.
- By car: Approach from M25 Dartford Bridge/Tunnel: Heading South - over Bridge. Take first slip road immediately after tolls, (NB head for 4 left hand tolls when coming over the bridge). Signposted A206. Third exit at roundabout and come over the motorway. Then take slip road back onto M25): follow North bound route below.
- Heading North - towards tunnel. Continue onto A282. At junction 1a, exit onto Bob Dunn Way/A206 towards Erith. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Bob Dunn Way/University Way/A206. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Bob Dunn Way/University Way/A206. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on Thames Rd/A206. Go through 1 roundabout. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on Thames Rd/A206. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Northend Rd/A206. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A2016. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Picardy Manorway/A2016. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Eastern Way/A2016. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Western Way/A2016. Slight left onto Western Way. Signpost to Belmarsh and Courts – left slip road at traffic lights. Turn 1st left after taking the entrance towards HMP Belmarsh and follow the road and into the designated car parking places for HMP/YOI Isis. Visitors to HMP/YOI Isis must not park in the car park for HMP Belmarsh. Approach from Woolwich: Proceed along Plumstead Road, turn left into Pettman Crescent (just before Plumstead Bus Garage) then take the second left at the traffic lights into Western Way. HMP Isis is next to HMP Belmarsh which is situated approximately half a mile down on the right-hand side. Follow signs for HMP Belmarsh and Courts.
- Approach from Plumstead: Proceed along Plumstead High Street, turn right into Pettman Crescent (just after Plumstead Bus Garage) then take the second left at the traffic lights into Western Way. HMP Isis is next to HMP Belmarsh which is situated approximately half a mile down on the right-hand side. Follow signs for HMP Belmarsh and Courts.
- Parking: Car parking is available in designated areas. Turn 1st left after taking the entrance towards HMP Belmarsh and follow the road. Parking is signposted on the right hand side.