Kennet prison visiting information
|AM ||PM |
|Monday ||NIL ||NIL |
|Tuesday ||NIL ||14.00 - 15.30 |
|Wednesday ||NIL ||14.00 - 15.30 |
|Thursday ||NIL ||14.00 - 15.30 |
|Friday ||NIL ||13.45 – 16.15 |
|Saturday ||NIL||13.45 – 16.15 |
|Sunday ||NIL ||13.45 – 16.15 |
Saturday AM. Will be 1 session -10.30 - 11.30
Weekdays PM. Will be Mon -Thur 14.00 - 15.30, 1 sessions and 2 sessions Fri- Sun 13.45 – 14.45hrs and 15.15 – 16.15hrs
|Friday||NIL||13.45 – 16.15|
|Saturday||NIL||13.45 – 16.15|
|Sunday||NIL||13.45 – 16.15|
Closed visits will run along side normal visiting times.
You can request a visit online at: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 3 working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Prisoners are also able to book visits themselves by using a system for relatives and friends without access to the internet.
There will be no visits held on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, or Good Friday.
Visits over the Festive Holidays are subject to change.
You can call 0151 213 3102 to cancel visits or in the case of an emergency office hours Mon-Fri.
Additional information: No smoking. Child's play area. Refreshments are available. Access for disabled visitors.
More information is available by downloading our Visitors Information Book - available in a variety of languages.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
|AM ||PM |
|Tuesday ||09.00 – 11.15 ||NIL |
|Wednesday ||09.00 – 11.15 ||NIL |
|Thursday ||09.00 – 11.15 ||NIL |
|Friday ||NIL ||NIL |
|Saturday ||NIL ||NIL |
|Sunday ||NIL ||NIL |
Legal Visits will be over 2 sessions 09.00 - 10.00 and 10.15 – 11.15.
Booking information: You can book a 1 or 2.5 hour visit. To book, please send your request to email@example.com
You can call 0151 213 3000 to cancel visits.
How to get there:
- Bus: Arriva bus numbers 350 and 351 run from Liverpool to HMP Kennet from Monday to Saturday, until late afternoon. CMT bus numbers 210 and 250 replace this service and also provide a Sunday service. All buses leave from Sir Thomas Street, Liverpool and stop within the complex.
- Train: HMP Kennet is 10 miles from Liverpool's Lime Street Station which offers mainline and connecting services to all parts of the country, including Maghull. From Lime Street station take the underground Central line, one stop to Central Station. Then take the Northern Line Ormskirk train which stops at Maghull. Take a taxi to the prison which is 1 ½ miles from the station.
- Car: From Liverpool take the A59 Preston Road which leads directly into Maghull and turn right at the traffic lights (Maghull junction) on to Eastway and School Lane. The entrance to HMP Kennet is on the left hand side approximately 1 ½ miles along this road, 100m before the M58 junction.
- From other parts of the country: HMP Kennet is easily reached by the motorway network. Leave the M6 at Junction 26 and join the M58 as far as junction 1. Head towards Maghull and the prison entrance is on the right side as you leave the M58 roundabout. There is no exit at Junction 1 of the M58 when driving from the direction of Liverpool.
There is no exit at Junction 1 of the M58 when driving from the direction of Liverpool.