Kirkham prison visiting information
All visits are booked via application by the individual prisoner. The prisoner is then responsible for informing his visitors of what date and time he has booked for his visit. The prisoner will require the following details of his prospective visitors to book a visit: correct full names of visitors, correct address and correct date of birth for each visitor. Identification is required when attending HMP Kirkham on a visit, examples being: Passport, Driving Licence, Utility Bill, Pension Book.
Visitors are not allowed to take possessions into the visiting area – lockers are provided for storage.
Newly received prisoners at Kirkham are entitled to a ‘reception visit' within the first ten days of their arrival at the prison. Any such visit will count against a prisoner's visiting entitlement whilst at Kirkham.
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email email@example.com.
Thursday - 09.30-11.30
To book a legal visit you must request a booking form via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information: Proof of identity is required.
How to get there:
- Bus: Buses from Preston to Blackpool pass through Kirkham, stopping at Freckleton Road, about one mile from the prison. Stagecoach operates a regular bus service to Kirkham from Preston. Telephone Travel line for further information on 08712002233.
- Rail: The nearest rail station is Kirkham & Wesham which is about 2 miles from the prison and served by frequent services from London Euston – a journey of approximately 3½ hours. Taxi number 01772 683003.
- Car:M55 from M6 Broughton to Blackpool. Leave motorway at junction 3 signposted Kirkham and Fleetwood. Follow A583 to Kirkham Town Centre. Turn right off Poulton Street (there is a Barclays Bank on the corner) into Freckleton Street. Proceed to the traffic lights and go straight across onto Kirkham Road. The prison is on the right past the HGV Testing Centre. Alternatively after leaving the M55 at the first roundabout on the A585 take the new bypass and turn left onto the A583. At first set of traffic lights, turn right into Kirkham Road, and the prison is about 1/4 mile on the right.
- There is a visitors car park located outside the prison.