Lancaster Farms prison visiting information
Wednesday pm - Session 1 - 14.00 - 15.00
Wednesday pm - Session 2 - 15.30 - 16.30
Saturday pm - Session 1 - 14.00 - 15.00
Saturday pm - Session 2 - 15.30 - 16.30
Sunday pm - Session 1 - 14.00 - 15.00
Sunday pm - Session 2 - 15.30 - 16.30
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email email@example.com or call the booking line on 01524 563636, which is open 0900 to 1200 Monday to Friday.
Additional information: All visitors must produce acceptable forms of ID. The Visits Booking Service will advise callers on acceptable forms of ID. All visitors will receive a pat-down search prior to entry to the establishment – failure to consent will result in non-admittance. Any visitor found in possession of a controlled substance will be arrested and prosecuted.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Tuesday am - Session 1 - 09.00 - 10.00
Tuesday am - Session 2 - 10.10 - 11.10
Wednesday am - Session 1 - 09.00 - 10.00
Wednesday am - Session 2 - 10.10 - 11.10
Thursday am - Session 1 - 09.00 - 10.00
Thursday am - Session 2 - 09.00 - 10.00
Booking information: All visits must be booked via the Legal Visits Booking Line on 01524 563636, which is open 0900 to 1200 Monday to Friday. You can also book your legal visit by emailing the Visits Team at: LegvisLancasterFarms@hmps.gsi.gov.uk
Additional information: am - there are spaces for twenty-one young offenders/trainees only
pm - there are spaces for three young offenders/trainees only.
How to get there:
- Bus: Service no 18 operates between Lancaster Bus Station and the prison Monday to Friday, commencing at 07:50 and finishing at 17:30
- Rail: Once at Lancaster Railway Station, complete the journey by taxi or bus. From the railway station a taxi to HMYOI Lancaster Farms will cost approximately £4.00.
There is a taxi rank right outside the station on the Northbound platform.
The bus station is less than five minutes walk from the railway station.
- Car: Via the M6 Motorway: Depart the M6 motorway at Junction 34 and follow the Lancaster City Centre signs. Make your way round the one-way system to Dalton Square. At the traffic lights turn left along Nelson Street (sign posted Lancaster Farms) and proceed along Nelson Street, East Road and Quernmore Road taking the fourth left turn marked Stone Row Head. The prison is situated two hundred yards down this road.
- Via the A6 and Other Routes into the City: As with the motorway directions, make your way round the one way system to Dalton Square and turn left up Nelson Street and follow the above directions.
- Staff and Visitors Car Parking is available free of charge.