Leeds prison visiting information
Mon: 09:00 - 10:00, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:00 - 15:00, 15:30 - 16:30
Tue: 09:00 - 10:00, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:00 - 15:00, 15:30 - 16:30
Wed: 09:00 - 10:00, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:00 - 15:00, 15:30 - 16:30
Thu: 09:00 - 10:00, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:00 - 15:00, 15:30 - 16:30
Fri: 09:00 - 10:00, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:00 - 15:00, 15:30 - 16:30
Sat: 09:00 - 10:00, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:00 - 15:00, 15:30 - 16:30
Sun: 09:00 - 10:00, 10:30 - 11:30, 14:00 - 15:00, 15:30 - 16:30
In the event that you have to share news of concern to the person you are visiting, please inform a member of staff so that support and care can be communicated and organised for the person you have visited.
Booking information: Bookings can be made either in person at the Prison or by telephone on 0113 203 2995. The booking line is open every day from 08:00 - 12:30 & 13:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday. No booking on weekends.
Face to face booking is still available Monday to Friday 10:00 - 10:30 and 15:00 - 15:30 at the visits desk.
When booking a visit we need a minimum of 48 hours notice and a maximum of 28 days for convicted prisoners and 7 days for Remand prisoners.
You will normally book in at the Visitors Centre for your visit. Please note that the Centre is not open for evening visits (on Wednesdays and Thursdays) or the 08:30 visits Mon-Fri. On those days please proceed direct to the Main Gate. At all other times you must arrive at the Centre at least 20 minutes before your visit is due to begin.
Additional information: To visit you will need to have
- Pre booked your visit by phoning the booking office
- If you're visiting a convicted prisoner - a valid visiting order, identification and you're booking reference number
- If you're visiting a remand prisoner - identification and a valid booking reference number
Items are only allowed if authorised and there must be a valid application from the prisoner detailing the items you are bringing in.
Property can be brought in
Mon – Fri: 08:15 - 11:00 & 12:30 - 15:00
Sat: 09:00 - 11:00 & 12:30 - 15:00
Sun: 10:00 - 14:00
The Visitors Centre - 0113 203 2771
The Visitors Centre (Jigsaw) at Leeds Prison is a self-funding independent charity. Currently it is open 09:00 - 17:00 seven days a week.
The Visitors Centre acts as a bridge between the families and the prisoners. Through the centre's staff you can seek re-assurance, information, advice, and support. We are here for you.
In conjunction with the Visitors Centre we also provide a number of family focused, visits based around special themes such as Christmas, Easter and EID which are advertised separately from the normal visits information.
Leeds Visitors Centre has recently been refurbished and now offers a variety of activities and services for all visitors, prison staff and the local community. We also mirror the activities and services inside the prison for prisoners to access. We offer:
- Information, Advice & Support
- Quiet rooms for confidentiality should you need to talk
- A play area
- A waiting area
- Disabled access and facilities
- Toilets & baby changing facilities
- A buggy park (to leave prams – safely)
- Refreshments including fresh fruit
- Taxi phone
- Books and magazines
- Free access to the internet
There will be a running programme of activities and services – please phone us anytime seven days a week for more information or to be put on our mailing list.
For more information, please visit www.jigsawvisitorscentre.org.uk.
The visits hall comprises of a 24 static seated area and adjoining closed visits booths. Selections of hot and cold refreshments are provided on a session by session basis.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
During school holiday and weekend visits there is a play area for children with qualified play workers supervising and leading on activities.
Mon-Fri: 08:30 - 09:15, 09:15 - 10:00, 10:00 - 10:45, 10:45 - 11:30, 13:30 - 14:00, 14:00 - 14:30, 14:30 - 15:00, 15:00 - 15:30 & 15:30 - 16:00
Booking information: To book an official visit, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0113 203 2996.
How to get there
- Train - The nearest train station is Leeds. See bus details above for how to complete the journey. There is also a taxi rank outside the station.
- Buses (40, 44, 80) from British Rail station. Buses (72, 508) from bus station to Gloucester Terrace.
- Car - From the West - (M62) turn off onto M621 (which bears left just after J27) and follow City Centre sign.
- From the North follow A1/M1 link, A64 West, A58M (Halifax, Bradford sign).
- From the South - M1, M621 (Junction 2) and follow City Centre signs.
- From the East - M62, M1 (North), M621 (junction 2) and follow City Centre signs. All routes, on approaching the (Armley Gyratory) take the A647 to Bradford. The prison is half a mile on the left.