Lindholme prison visiting information
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 14.15 to 16.00
Sat – Sun: 14:15 to 16:00
Booking information: Visits can booked on 01302 524 980. Lines are open: Monday to Friday 09:00 - 11:00 and 13:30 – 15:30
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email email@example.com
Monday - 14:15-15:00 and 15:15-16:00
Tuesday - No official visits
Wednesday - 14:15-15:00 and 15:15-16:00
Thursday- No official visits
Friday- 14:15-15:00 and 15:15-16:00
Saturday No official visits
Sunday No official visits
Booking information: Visits information 01302 524980. Official bookings via e-mail LegalVisits.Lindholme@hmps.gsi.gov.uk.
Additional information: All visitors (including children) must bring identification. One of the following forms of photo ID will be acceptable:
- Photo driving licence
- Employers photo ID card (must have name of employer and visitor clearly visible)
- Senior citizens public transport pass issued by a local authority
- Annual rail pass or London Transport season ticket with photocard.
If you are unable to produce any of these then TWO of the following will be accepted as proof of identity:
- Cheque book
- Credit/debit card (visitor's name must be embossed on the card and already signed)
- Employer pass or ID not acceptable above
- Young Person's 'Proof of Age' card
- Trade Union membership card
- NUS card
- Telephone/electricity/gas or water utility bills
- Birth or marriage certificate
- Medical card
- New born babies Record of Birth
- Change of name by Deed Poll will require the relevant forms to be produced.
You must attend the Visitor Centre before entry into the Prison. Further information about visits can be obtained by Visitor Centre staff.
Video Conferencing facilities are available within the Offender management unit.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails
with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this
establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique
landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The
prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You
can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
- Bus: At Doncaster's Southern Bus Station catch the 186 service. This is an infrequent service.
- Train: On arrival at Doncaster railway station either make your way to the Southern Bus Station (see below for further details on buses) or take a taxi from the station.
- Car: From the North, take the M1 or A1 south to the M62 east to the M18, take the M18 south to the M180. See local directions.
- From the East: M62 west to the M18, take the M18 south to the M180. See local directions below. or:
- M180 west to the M18 doubling back to the M180. See local directions below.
- From the South take the M1 or A1 north to the M18, take the M18 north to the M180. See local directions below, or:
- A15 north to the M180, take the M180 west to the M18 doubling back to the M180. See local directions below.
- From the West, take the M62 east to the M18, take the M18 south to the M180. See local directions, or:
- A57 'Snake Pass' to Sheffield. In Sheffield follow the sign for the M1, take the M1 south to the M18, take the M18 north to the M180. See local directions below.
- Local directions: Take the M180 eastbound as far as junction 1. At junction 1 leave the M180 and join the A18 south for Doncaster, after about one mile turn left onto the A614 (opposite the 'Green Tree' public house). Lindholme Prison is signposted from here. Please use Moorlands (Closed) Prison access, this is down Vulcan Way, at the end of Vulcan Way turn right at the roundabout will bring you to the visitors car park.