Littlehey prison visiting information
Visitors’ Centre opening times
Tuesday – Sunday 08.30am – 4.45pm with visiting times listed below. Please note the Visitors’ Centre is closed on Mondays.
Tue: 09:15 - 11:15 and 2.00pm-4.00pm
Wed: 09:15 - 11:15 and 2.00pm-4.00pm
Thu: 09:15 - 11:15 and 2.00pm-4.00pm)
Fri: 09:15 - 11:15 and 2.00pm-4.00pm
Sat: 9.00am-11.00am and 2.00pm-4.00pm
Sun: 9.00am-11.00am and 2.00pm-4.00pm
There are 2 ways to book your social visit:-
- You can book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits and follow the instructions.
- The prisoner can apply for a VO number, then the visitor books the time and date of visit with The Visitors Centre by telephoning the Booking Line: 01480 335650 or email email@example.com (Tues-Sun 9.00am – 4.45pm)
All visits must be booked in advance; By 4.45pm on Tuesday for Thursday, 4.45pm on Weds for Friday, 4.45pm on Thurs for Saturday, 4.45pm on Friday for Sunday, 4.45pm on Saturday for Tuesday and 4.45pm on Sunday for Wednesday.
If booking via the website, visits must be booked 72 hours (3 working days) in advance.
What proof of identity do I need?You will be asked for proof of your identity (ID) when you arrive at the Visits Hall inside the prison. Please check with Visitors’ Centre staff that you have appropriate ID.
All visitors (including children) must provide an acceptable form of identification. Identification will be required for every visit.
Visitors may use ONE of the following photographic methods of identification:
- Passport, including foreign or out-of-date passport (if the photograph is still a good likeness of the individual.)
- EC Identity Card.
- New Photographic Driving Licence.
- Employers’/Student ID card with photograph
If none of the above is available, TWO or more of the following may be acceptable:
- Birth/Marriage Certificate. Young Person’s Proof of Age Card.
- Senior Citizen or Student Public Transport Pass (including photograph)
- Cheque Book or Credit/Debit Cards (count as one)
- Employer, Trade Union or National Union of Students (NUS) cards.
- Rent Book
- Utility bill or bank statement
Accompanied children under 16 years of age require one form of identification from the list below:
- Birth Certificate
- Red Health Book (under fives only)
What can I take with me into the prison?
In addition to your forms of identification (ID) you are only allowed to take the following items into the prison:
- Up to £20 per adult and £5 per child in CASH only to spend in the Tea Bar
- A baby’s bottle which must be empty or filled with formula milk
- Your Visitors’ Centre locker key
- Your white numbered card
In the Visits Hall there is a Tea Bar as well as in the Visitors’ Centre where refreshments can be purchased. There is also a well-equipped play area which children are welcome to use.
No Striped shirts or Sports shirts (i.e. football/rugby) should be worn on the visit.
No wrist wear to be worn in the visiting hall other than for medical or religious purposes. (This does not apply to legal visitors).
Legal visits are Monday to Friday with morning visits at 9.15am – 11.15am and afternoon visits at 2.00pm – 4.00pm.
To book a legal visit either ring the booking line on 01480 335650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To book a video link email email@example.com.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
Littlehey is situated near Grafham Water Reservoir, 7 miles west of Huntingdon, in the village of Perry.
- Bus: Huntingdonshire Association Community Transport provides a bus service from Huntingdon Railway and Bus Stations to HMP Littlehey. There is no need to book, just turn up and get on the bus. The bus is located at Platform 3 car park.Prices for the bus are:- £7 return per adult and £4 return per child – payable to the driver.
Bus Timetable: Tuesday-Thursday: Leave Huntingdon Bus Station – 8.30am/12.30pm
Tuesday-Thursday: Leave Huntingdon Railway station – 8.50am/12.50pm & 1.30pm
Friday: Leave Huntingdon Bus Station – 8.00am/12.30pm
Friday: Leave Huntingdon Railway Station 8.15am/12.50pm & 1.30pm
Saturday: Leave Huntingdon Bus Station – 8.15am/1.20pm Saturday: Leave Huntingdon Railway Station – 8.30am/1.30pm
Sundays: (NO MORNING BUS) Leave Huntingdon Bus Station – 1.20pm: Leave Huntingdon Railway Station – 1.30pm
The bus will return to Huntingdon Bus & Railway stations at the end of each visiting session.
- Train: The nearest mainline railway stations to HMP Littlehey are St Neots and Huntingdon. Taxis can be taken from either station to the prison.
* Car: Main routes by road via the A1 (turn off at Buckden roundabout along the B661 signposted Kimbolton and Perry) and from the Midlands via the B645 (turn off in Great Staughton up the B661 signposted Perry/Buckden). In the village of Perry the road to the prison (Crow Spinney Lane) is beside the Wheatsheaf public house and is signposted Littlehey.
* There is a free visitors’ car park adjacent to the Visitors’ Centre.