Liverpool prison visiting information
Mon: No visits on Monday
Tue: 09:15, 10:45 (closed visit) Domestic Visits 09:00 10.30, 13:55 & 15.25
Wed: 09:15, 10:45 (closed visits) Domestic Visits 09:00, 10:30, 13:45 & 15:25
Thu: 09:00, 10:45 (closed visits), Domestic Visits 09;00, 10:30, 13:55 & 15.25
Fri: 09:00, 10:45 (closed visits), Domestic Visits 09:00, 10:30,13:55 & 15.25
Sat: 09:15, & 10.30 (closed visits) Domestic Visits 09:00, 10:30, 13:45 & 15:16
Sun: 09:15 & 10.30 (closed visits) Domestic Visits 09:00, 10:30, 13:45 & 15:16
There are no reception visits
If you have are concerned for the wellbeing of a prisoner in relation to vulnerabilty, self harm or bullying then please contact our Concern for Prisoner Care Helpline on 0800 528 0970. Alternatively you can email email@example.com
Booking information: Social visits can be booked on 0151 530 4050. The booking line is open Monday-Friday 08:30 to 16:30
Booking online: To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any issues with the online booking service you should email email@example.com
If you have access to a computer you can email your partner, family member or friend by going on www.emailaprisoner.com.
Additional information: There is a staffed Visitor's Centre offering refreshments and advice. Telephone number is 0151 530 4158.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information or contact 0845 3001423.
Please ensure you bring approved photo identification such as a passport or driving licence and be aware that children up to the age of 18 without passport identification will require a birth certificate as proof of age. Persons under 18 will not be allowed in unless accompanied by an adult.
Property for prisoners can be brought in during the first 28 days in custody. All visitors must hand the property in prior to the visit taking place.
Property will only be accepted prior to visits Tuesday to Friday not at the weekend.
Lockers are available in the Visits Centre for mobile phones as it is a criminal offence to bring a mobile phone or sim card into the visits complex. You are not allowed to bring wallets or purses into the complex but are allowed to bring in money. This is limited to a maximum of £25 per visit. £20 notes will not be accepted.
Mon: 09:10, 10.20, 11.00 & 14.00, 15.10 & 15.50
Tue: 09:10 - 10.20, 11.00 & 14.00, 15.10 & 15.50
Wed: 09:10 - 10.20, 11.00 & 14.00, 15.10 & 15.50
Thu: 09:10 -10.20, 11.00 & 14.00, 15.10 & 15.50
Fri: 09:10 - 10.20, 11.00 & 14.00, 15.10 & 15.50
You can also book by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information: .If you are concerned for the wellbeing of the person you are visiting in relation to vulnerability, self harm or bullying please contact the Concern for Prisoner Care Helpline on 0800 528 0970. Alternatively you can email email@example.com://www.justice.gov.uk/contacts/prison-finder/liverpool/visiting-information
How to get there:
- Bus: Bus numbers 1, 2, 20, 311, 350, 351 travel from the city centre to Rice Lane which is a 5 minute walk away from the prison. Bus numbers 306, 56 travel from the city centre to Southport Road which is also 5 minute walk away from the prison. Bus number 30b travels from city centre stopping directly outside the prison. If further information is required you can contact Mersey Travel on 0151 236 7676.
- Train: From Liverpool Central Station, trains travel to Walton Station and Rice Lane both located on Hornby Road, a 5 minute walk away from the station. If further information is required you can contact Mersey Rail on 0151 702 2071.
- Car: From South/East/West, take the M62 coming off at junction 7 M57 towards Southport. At end of M57 first left onto A59, follow signs for Liverpool for approx 3 miles turn right onto Hornby Road.
From North, take the M6 coming off at junction 26 on M58. At end of M58 follow A59 towards Liverpool approx 3 miles turn right onto Hornby Road.
- Parking is restricted on Hornby Road for 2 hours only. No other parking is available.