Moorland prison visiting information
Wed: 13:40 - 15:45
Thu: 13:40 - 15:45
Sat: 13:40 - 15:45
Sun: 13:40 - 15:45
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please call 01302 523 289, lines open Tuesday to Friday 09:30-15:30.
Additional Information: No visits Christmas Day, Boxing Day or Good Friday. All visits must be booked prior to visit taking place. All visitors must have some form of ID with them. All visits require a VO. Maximum limits: 5 visitors, 3 of which can be adults.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
There is a family-friendly visitor's centre run by the Prison Advice and Care Trust (PACT), a national charity. Visitors are offered a warm welcome, information and support. Further information can be found on the PACT website or by calling 01302 523289 to speak to a member of the PACT team.
Tue: 13:30 - 15:30
Wed: 13:30 - 15:45
Thu: 13:30 - 15:45
Booking Information: Visits can be booked on 01302 523 000. Lines are open 09:00-12:00 & 13:00 - 15:00.
Laptop and IT security policy (DOC 0.11mb)
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
- Train: Take a train to Doncaster Station, then follow bus directions below. Alternatively taxi's are available outside the Station and cost around £12.
- Bus: Buses are available from the Southern Bus Station (01709 515151). No. 68 leaves at half past the hour (no Sunday service). No. 186 leaves at 1255 (Sunday departs at 1330). The journey is approximately 10 miles and takes 30 minutes.
- Car: M1 exit on to M18, junction 5 on to M180, junction 1 – follow A614 towards Bawtry, continue following local directions. M62, junction 35 on to M18, then as above. A1 north to Blyth roundabout. At A 614 north through Bawtry. Turn right at the Esso garage and follow directions towards Thorne.
- There is a visitors car park on the right as you enter the grounds. Visitors must take care not to leave valuables in sight of other visitors.