Visiting information for Morton Hall Immigration Removal Centre
Mon: 13:15 - 16:15
Tues: 13:15 - 16:15
Thu: 13:15 - 20:15
Sun: 13:15 - 16:15 and 17:30 - 20:15
Monday to Friday: 09.00am-11.30am & 13.45-17.00 (2 rooms available in the afternoon each day).
Pre-booking will guarantee a visit. Arriving without booking runs the risk of not getting entry, if fully booked. Visitors need to arrive 40 minutes prior to the end of visits to gain entry.
Booking phone no for both domestic and official visits: 01522 666819. The visits booking line is open 7 days a week between 09:30 and 12:30.
All visitors to Morton Hall must bring photo identification with them and all documents must be originals.
Additional information: You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
If visitors require transportation to and from The Train/Bus terminal at Newark to IRC Morton Hall, they must request this at least 24 hours in advance by phoning the visits centre on 01522 666819 This line will be open during the following periods 09.30- 11.30 Monday to Friday. When requesting a taxi visitors will need to give the name and number of the detainee they will be visiting, Their name and address, the time they are expected to arrive and the location i.e. Newark Northgate, Newark Castle or the Bus terminal and the time they wish to arrange a pick up from Morton Hall.
Mon - Fri: 09.30 - 11.30
Booking information: Official Visits must be pre booked. The booking number for legal visits is 01522 666819 and this line will be open between 09:30 and 11:30 Monday to Friday.
How to get there: Morton Hall is located mid-way between Lincoln and Newark-on-Trent, just off the A46.
- Bus: Both train and bus services are poor, the best direct route is by taxi.
- Train: The nearest mainline railway stations are Newark, Lincoln and Swinderby.
- Car: Travelling from the north on the A46 (to Newark), about 9 miles from Lincoln. At the Halfway House Roundabout turn right, sign posted Morton Hall by the Half Way House Guest House. Travel to a T-junction - road now bears to the right (Eagle Lane). Continue on for half a mile and the centre is located on the right. Take the second entrance, ignoring the first entrance, which is for the Seacole Unit.
- Travelling from the south on the A46 (to Lincoln), about 8 miles from Newark, turn left at the Halfway House Roundabout, signed posted Morton Hall. Continue down, over a staggered cross roads and the prison is a quarter mile on, situated on the right. Take the second entrance.
- Visitors car park provided.