New Hall prison visiting information
There are no Social/Domestic visits on Monday, Friday, Good Friday, Christmas Day or Boxing Day.
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email email@example.com. or call 01924 803219, lines open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 09.30 to 12.30 and 13.30 to 14.30.
Please note from 1st October 2009 the Visitors Centre will now close at 14:30. no visits will be facilitated after this time so please ensure prompt arrival.
Wed: 09:00-11:30 14:00-16:00
Thu: 09:00-11:30 14:00-16:00
When morning sessions are booked by a legal visitor, they must arrive by 10.30 hours at the latest. Failing to arrive by this time will mean they can’t come in until the start of the second period.
Booking Information: All visits must be pre-booked. Visitors can book visits by e-mail direct to the visits booking inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, visits on 01924 803219. The phone line is open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 09.30 to 12:30 and 13:30 to14.30.
It is also possible to book a further visit whilst at the Visitors’ Centre before a visit.
The Visitors Centre closes at 14:30. No visits will be facilitated after this time so please ensure prompt arrival.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails
with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this
establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique
landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The
prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You
can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
- Bus Take bus number 231/232 from Wakefield Bus Station, or number 231/232 from Huddersfield and ask for the prison. You will need to complete the journey by foot, a distance of about 1 mile.
- Train The nearest Railway Stations are Huddersfield and Wakefield (which has two railway stations, Westgate & Kirkgate)
- Car From the North M1 south exit at junction 39, take A636 Denby Dale, turn Right at first roundabout (about 4 miles) and the Prison is sign posted on the right by a water tower after about 1.5 miles.
From the South M1 north exit at junction 38, take A637 Huddersfield, after about 4 miles the prison is sign posted on the right by a water tower.
From Huddersfield take the A642 Wakefield, turn Right at Grange Moor roundabout sign posted Barnsley & M1. After passing through Flockton village the prison is sign posted on the Left by a Water tower.
- Parking From Water Tower Road, the visitor’s car park is located at the bottom of the hill on the right.