New Hall prison visiting information
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email. You'll also receive your visiting order (VO) number by email. You must bring this with you when you visit.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. or call 01924 803219, lines open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 09.30 to 12.30 and 13.30 to 14.30.
Please note from 1st October 2009 the Visitors Centre will now close at 14:30. no visits will be facilitated after this time so please ensure prompt arrival.
Tue: 09:00-11:30 14:00-16:00
Wed: 09:00-11:30 14:00-16:00
Thu: 09:00-11:30 14:00-16:00
Booking Information: Special Visits can be booked on 01924 803219, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 09.30 to 12.30 and 13.30 to 14.30.
Please note visitors are now able to book visits via e mail direct to the visits booking inbox.
The e-mail address for this will be email@example.com
Please note for the PM slots there are 3 booths available only.
How to get there:
- Bus Take bus number 231/232 from Wakefield Bus Station, or number 231/232 from Huddersfield and ask for the prison and complete the journey by foot, about 1 mile.
- Train The nearest Railway Stations are Huddersfield and Wakefield (which has two railway stations, Westgate & Kirkgate)
- Car From the North M1 south exit at junction 39, take A636 Denby Dale, turn Right at first roundabout (about 4 miles) and the Prison is sign posted on the right by a water tower after about 1.5 miles.
From the South M1 north exit at junction 38, take A637 Huddersfield, after about 4 miles the prison is sign posted on the right by a water tower.
From Huddersfield take the A642 Wakefield, turn Right at Grange Moor roundabout sign posted Barnsley & M1. After passing through Flockton village the prison is sign posted on the Left by a Water tower.
- Parking From Water Tower Road, the visitor’s car park is located at the bottom of the hill on the right.