New Hall prison visiting information
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. or call 01924 803219, lines open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 09.30 to 12.30 and 13.30 to 14.30.
Please note from 1st October 2009 the Visitors Centre will now close at 14:30. no visits will be facilitated after this time so please ensure prompt arrival.
Tue: 09:00-11:30 14:00-16:00
Wed: 09:00-11:30 14:00-16:00
Thu: 09:00-11:30 14:00-16:00
Booking Information: Special Visits can be booked on 01924 803219, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 09.30 to 12.30 and 13.30 to 14.30.
Please note visitors are now able to book visits via e mail direct to the visits booking inbox.
The e-mail address for this will be email@example.com
Please note for the PM slots there are 3 booths available only.
How to get there:
- Bus Take bus number 231/232 from Wakefield Bus Station, or number 231/232 from Huddersfield and ask for the prison and complete the journey by foot, about 1 mile.
- Train The nearest Railway Stations are Huddersfield and Wakefield (which has two railway stations, Westgate & Kirkgate)
- Car From the North M1 south exit at junction 39, take A636 Denby Dale, turn Right at first roundabout (about 4 miles) and the Prison is sign posted on the right by a water tower after about 1.5 miles.
From the South M1 north exit at junction 38, take A637 Huddersfield, after about 4 miles the prison is sign posted on the right by a water tower.
From Huddersfield take the A642 Wakefield, turn Right at Grange Moor roundabout sign posted Barnsley & M1. After passing through Flockton village the prison is sign posted on the Left by a Water tower.
- Parking From Water Tower Road, the visitor’s car park is located at the bottom of the hill on the right.