Norwich Prison information
HMP Norwich predominantly serves the Courts of Norfolk and Suffolk. The prison has occupied its current site overlooking the city of Norwich since 1887. The site consists of:
- A wing - Induction unit, First Night Centre, IDTS stabilisation and maintenance.
- B & C wing - Local prison housing Cat C prisoners
- D wing (Britannia House) - Resettlement unit housing Cat D prisoners
- E wing – Rule 45 Sex Offenders
- F & G wings - Local Discharge Unit (LDU) housing low-risk Cat C prisoners, local to the East of England, serving 12 months or less
- Health Care Centre - Type 3 unit also serving HMPS Wayland and Blundeston
- L wing – Elderly Lifer Unit
- M wing – Houses Cat C prisoners serving 2 years or less
- Segregation Unit
Tel: 01603 708 600
Fax: 01603 708 601
Governor: Will Styles
Accommodation:HMP Norwich has a majority of single cells, with shared accommodation available across the establishment.
Operational Capacity: 767 as of 28th February 2010
Reception Criteria: Normal reception arrangements. HMP Norwich accepts male prisoners (Adult men & Young Offenders) whether convicted (Cat B, C or D) or on remand.