Preston prison visiting information
Mon: 14.15 - 16.15
Tue: 14.15 - 16.15
Wed: 14.15 - 16.15
Thu: 14.15 - 16.15
Fri: 14.15 - 16.15
Sat: 14.15 - 16.15
Sun: 14.15 - 16.15
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email SocialVisits.Preston@hmps.gsi.gov.uk or call 01772 444 666 (trial/remand) or 01772 444 888 (convicted/sentenced) , lines open 08.00 - 12.30 and 13.00 - 16.00 - Monday to Thursday 08.00 -12.30 - Friday closed - Friday pm, Saturday, Sunday.
Closed - Friday pm, Saturday, Sunday.
Additional information: Visits must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
If you wish to visit and are subject to license supervision and/or Home Detention Curfew (HDC), you require prior permission for this visit. Please request this permission in writing to the Governor. This is in line with HMP Preston's Visits Policy. Once permission has been granted, you will need to bring confirmation of this on your visit along with a copy of your license.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Mornings - Tuesday to Friday - 09.00 - 10.00 / 10.15 - 11.15
Afternoons - Monday to Friday - 14.00 - 15.00 / 15.15 - 16.15
Monday morning, Saturday, Sunday - None
Booking information: Please pre-book visits on 01772 444 777.
Booking lines are open between 08.00 - 12.30 and 13.00 - 16.00 - Monday to Thursday, 08.00 -12.30 - Friday. Closed - Friday pm, Saturday, Sunday.
You can also book by email: SocialVisits.Preston@hmps.gsi.gov.uk
How to get there:
- Bus: Preston bus station is a short walk from the prison.
- Train: The nearest railway station is Preston on the west coast line.
From the railway station, turn right onto Fishergate from the main exit and keep walking. This will bring you onto Church Street. Keep walking until you come to a major road junction. You will see the prison on the opposite side. From the railway station, the prison is a walk of approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Car: Leave the M6 at junction 31 and follow the signs to Preston. You should pass the Tickled Trout Hotel on your right. Carry on up the hill to the roundabout. Carry on through onto New Hall Lane until you arrive at a T- junction.Turn right and you will see the County Regimental Museum on your right. The prison is next door.
- We regret there are no parking facilities.