Ranby prison visiting information
Visiting information for HMP Ranby can be seen below.
Mon: 14:00 - 16:00
Tue: No visits
Wed: No visits
Thu: No visits
Fri: 14:00 - 16:00
Sat: 09:15 - 11:15 & 14:00 - 16:00
Sun: 09:15 - 11:15 & 14:00 - 16:00
Requesting social visits online
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
Please be aware that the process for confirming visits are booked is not facilitated at weekend or bank holidays, this therefore may have a delay in the receiving of notifications that the booking has been confirmed.
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
Booking social visits by telephone: Visits are be booked via the Visitors booking at least 24 hours before the date of the visit.
The telephone number is 01777 862107.This line is open Monday to Thursday between 08:30 and 16:00 hours and on Friday between 08:30 and 15:00 hours. The booking line is not open Bank holidays and weekends.
Legal Visits: Legal visits should be booked at least 24 hours before the date of the visit. Please e-mail email@example.com.
Identification: Visitors to HMP Ranby should be aware that we operate fingerprint recognition and the requirement for correct photographic ID to be produced when visiting any prisoner is as follows;
- Passport, including foreign passports, and time expired passports where the photograph is still recognisable
- Photographic EU identity card
- Photographic driving licence
- Photographic Citizen card
- Photographic senior citizen's public transport pass issued by a local authority
- Employer's or student ID card but only if this clearly shows the name of the visitor and the employer or educational establishment, and has a photograph or signature which can be compared with the visitors appearance or signature, and if the employer or educational establishment is known to exist.
If the visitor is unable to produce one of the above, staff may accept combinations of two or more of the following:
- Birth/marriage certificate
- Rail or bus pass with photo
- Cheque book or credit/debit card (counts as one item)
- Employer's pass or ID or student ID card not acceptable under main list
- Young persons 'proof of age' card
- Trade union or national students membership card
- Library card if it has a signature that can be compared with the visitor's signature
- Rent book
- Foreign identity or resident's card (other than EU ID cards acceptable in their own right)
- Expired documents from the above list that appear satisfactory in other ways
We will not allow any visits without correct identification being present. Due to our enhanced searching procedures, visitors may be delayed for up to 10 minutes after the visits have ended whilst this task is being done. We understand this may be frustrating, however HMP Ranby have introduced these measures to make the establishment a safer and more pleasant environment for all. Any individual caught trying to convey illicit items into the prison may be arrested and detained for Police attendance.
Safer Custody concerns: There is an “At Risk” telephone hotline available for visitors, families or friends of prisoners. This can be used to contact and inform staff at HMP Ranby if you believe that a prisoner may be at risk of harm, be it deliberate self-harm, harm from others of harm to others. The telephone number is 01777 862342 and is available 24 hours a day. Please be aware that on receiving you phone call process are activated such as acquiring permission from the prisoner to disclose information, completing welfare checks and investigating the issues raised. This may lead to a delay in returning you call, however please be assured that we are looking into the issues raised.