Ranby prison visiting information
Visiting information for HMP Ranby can be seen below.
Mon: 14:00 - 16:00
Tue: No visits
Wed: No visits
Thu: No visit
Fri: 14:00 - 16:00
Sat: 09:00 - 11:00 & 14:00 - 16:00
Sun: 09:00 - 11:00 & 14:00 - 16:00
Booking social visits online
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking social visits by telephone:: Visits must be booked via the Visitors Centre at least 24 hours before the date of the visit. Visits can also be booked through the visits booking line up to a maximum of 28 days in advance. The telephone number is 01777 862107.
The booking line is open Monday to Thursday between 08:30 and 16:00 hours and on Friday between 08:30 and 15:00 hours. The booking line is not open on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day or Good Friday.
Additional information: Visits cannot be booked on the main prison number. There is an “At Risk” telephone hotline available for visitors, families or friends of prisoners. This can be used to contact and inform staff at HMP Ranby if you believe that a prisoner may be at risk of harm, be it deliberate self-harm, harm from others of harm to others. The telephone number is 01777 862342 and is available 24 hours a day. Visits cannot be booked on this line.
Identification: Visitors to HMP Ranby should be aware that we operate bio-metric monitoring and the requirement for correct photographic ID to be produced when visiting any prisoner is as follows;
- Passport, including foreign passports, and time expired passports where the photograph is still recognisable
- Photographic EU identity card
- Photographic driving licence
- Photographic Citizen card
- Photographic senior citizen's public transport pass issued by a local authority
- Employer's or student ID card but only if this clearly shows the name of the visitor and the employer or educational establishment, and has a photograph or signature which can be compared with the visitors appearance or signature, and if the employer or educational establishment is known to exist.
If the visitor is unable to produce one of the above, staff may accept combinations of two or more of the following:
- Birth/marriage certificate
- Rail or bus pass with photo
- Cheque book or credit/debit card (counts as one item)
- Employer's pass or ID or student ID card not acceptable under main list
- Young persons 'proof of age' card
- Trade union or national students membership card
- Library card if it has a signature that can be compared with the visitor's signature
- Rent book
- Foreign identity or resident's card (other than EU ID cards acceptable in their own right)
- Expired documents from the above list that appear satisfactory in other ways
We will not allow any visits without this form of identification being present. Due to our enhanced searching procedures then visitor will now be held back for up to 10 minutes after the visits have ended whilst this task is being done. Anyone caught trying to smuggle illicit items into the prison will be arrested and detained for the Police attendance.