Rye Hill prison visiting information
Wed – 13.35 – 15.20
Thu – 13.35 – 15.2018.00 – 19.30
Fri – 13.35 – 15.20
Sat –09.15 – 11.15 13.35 – 17.20
Sun- 09.15 – 11.15 (children homework club) -13.35 – 17.20
Booking information: prisoners book their own visits via the CMS, up to a maximum of 28 days in advance, and preferably at least 24 hours in advance.
Additional Information: There is a visits waiting room with playing facilities for young children. Entry is not allowed in the final 60 minutes of a visits session.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Wed – 08.00 – 12.00 – 14.00 – 16.00
Thu – 08.00 – 12.00 – 14.00 – 16.00
Fri – 08.00 – 12.00 – 14.00 – 16.00
Booking information: Official visitors will normally be required to book their visit at least 24 hours in advance. Visits can be booked Monday to Friday between 09.00 - 12.00 and 13.00 – 16.00. You can call on 01788 523303 also email on – ryehill.legalvisits
Additional Information: There are 2 official visits booths available in the visits hall. There is a maximum time limit for official visits from 08.00 – 12.00 or 14.00 – 16.00.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
HMP Rye Hill is situated on the A45 between Coventry and Daventry.
- Train: The nearest railway station is Rugby, approximately 20 minutes away. There are frequent services from London, Birmingham and the North. However, transport will need to be arranged between the Rugby Railway Station and HMP Rye Hill.
- Bus: Details of local bus services are found on: The Warwickshire Web: Transport Information. Additionally there is a bus service leaving HMP Rye Hill at 8.45pm operated by Ellis Coaches, which provides a direct link to Rugby Railway Station.
- Car: Approaching from the North using M6: Leave motorway at junction 1. Join A426 toward Rugby. Follow road through Rugby to Dunchurch. At traffic lights in Dunchurch turn left onto the A45 towards Daventry, downslip road (HMP Rye Hill is signposted). Carry on straight over roundabout and HMP Rye Hill is approximately 1 mile on the left-hand side.
- Approaching from the North using M1: Leave motorway at junction 20. Join A426 toward Rugby. Follow instructions as above. Approaching from South using M1 Leave motorway at junction 17 (M1/M45). Follow M45 to roundabout. Go around roundabout and back onto M45. Come off at first exit, Follow A45 signpost Daventry. HMP Rye Hill is signposted approximately 1 mile on the left-hand side.
- Approaching from North using A45: Follow A45 past Coventry to Dunchurch. At traffic lights in Dunchurch go straight ahead. HMP Rye Hill is situated approximately 1.5 miles from Dunchurch on the left-hand side.
- Approaching from South via Daventry: Follow A45 past Daventry towards Dunchurch for approximately 9 miles. HMP Rye Hill is situated on the right-hand side.
- There is free visitors parking at the prison.