Rye Hill prison visiting information
Wed: 13:00 - 17:00 & 18:00 - 19:30
Thu: 13:00 - 17:00 & 18:00 - 19:30
Fri: 13:00 - 17:00 & 18:00 - 19:30
Sat: 13:00 - 17:00 & 18:00 - 19:30
Booking information: Bookings can be made on the direct telephone booking line 01788 523 303, open 09:00 - 12:30 & 13:30 - 16:40.
Additional information: Fortnightly on a Sunday we hold family meals 12:00 - 14:00, family meals are also available every Tuesday 13:00 – 15:00.
When booking, visitors will be required to provide the names of the person(s) visiting, and confirm that these are the names on the Visiting order (VO) sent out by the prisoner. A limit of three adults (with accompanying children) will normally apply. Visitors in possession of a valid Visiting Order (VO) may book a subsequent visit at the Visitor's Centre following their visit. Only one booking will be taken at any one time. Visiting places will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis, and that, other than in an emergency, social visits must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
The visits waiting room with playing facilities for young children. Visits are open Tuesday to Saturday between 13:15 - 17:15 and 18:30 - 20:30 hours. Entry is not allowed in the final 60 minutes of a visits session.
Visitors are required to book their visit, and can do so:
- Up to a maximum of 28 days in advance, and preferably at least 24 hours in advance
- Space permitting, on the day of the visit.
- Visitors arriving without a booking will be allocated the next available booking slot for the day (which may mean a considerable delay)
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Tue: 10:00 - 12:00
Wed: 10:00 - 12:00
Thu: 10:00 - 12:00
Booking information: Official visitors will normally be required to book their visit at least 24 hours in advance. All official visits must be booked in the Official Visits Register for the appropriate day. Visits can be booked Monday to Friday between 09:00 - 12:30 & 13:30 - 16:40.
Additional information: There are four official visits booths available in the visits hall. There is no maximum time limit for official visits.
How to get there:
HMP Rye Hill is situated on the A45 between Coventry and Daventry.
- Train: The nearest railway station is Rugby, approximately 20 minutes away. There are frequent services from London, Birmingham and the North. However, transport will need to be arranged between the Rugby Railway Station and HMP Rye Hill.
- Bus: Details of local bus services are found on: The Warwickshire Web: Transport Information. Additionally there is a bus service leaving HMP Rye Hill at 8.45pm operated by Ellis Coaches, which provides a direct link to Rugby Railway Station.
- Car: Approaching from the North using M6: Leave motorway at junction 1. Join A426 toward Rugby. Follow road through Rugby to Dunchurch. At traffic lights in Dunchurch turn left onto the A45 towards Daventry, downslip road (HMP Rye Hill is signposted). Carry on straight over roundabout and HMP Rye Hill is approximately 1 mile on the left-hand side.
- Approaching from the North using M1: Leave motorway at junction 20. Join A426 toward Rugby. Follow instructions as above. Approaching from South using M1 Leave motorway at junction 17 (M1/M45). Follow M45 to roundabout. Go around roundabout and back onto M45. Come off at first exit, Follow A45 signpost Daventry. HMP Rye Hill is signposted approximately 1 mile on the left-hand side.
- Approaching from North using A45: Follow A45 past Coventry to Dunchurch. At traffic lights in Dunchurch go straight ahead. HMP Rye Hill is situated approximately 1.5 miles from Dunchurch on the left-hand side.
- Approaching from South via Daventry: Follow A45 past Daventry towards Dunchurch for approximately 9 miles. HMP Rye Hill is situated on the right-hand side.
- There is free visitors parking at the prison.