Send prison visiting information
Thursday: 14:00 – 16:00
Sat & Sun: 14:00 – 16:00
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please call 01483 471 033, lines open 10:00 – 13:00hrs & 14:00 -16:00hrs Monday to Friday.
Additional information: There is an external Visits Centre run and staffed by a local charity providing a children's play area and refreshments. There is also a tea bar and supervised play area within the visits room itself.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Wed: 14:00 – 15:00 and 15:00 – 16:00
Booking information: All Legal Visits are booked on the dedicated booking line 01483 471 033. This is staffed from 10:00 – 13:00hrs & 14:00 -16:00hrs Monday to Friday. Visits tend to be restricted to one or two per day but as most only take up to one hour we can manage the demand for visits accordingly.
Additional information: Visits are held in one large room. The type of visits include those from Solicitors, Social Workers, the Police and Children/Family Visits.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
There is a family-friendly visitor's centre run by the Prison Advice and Care Trust (PACT), a national charity. Visitors are offered a warm welcome, information and support. Further information can be found on the PACT website or by calling 01483 471000 to speak to a member of the PACT team.
How to get there:
- By mini bus: There is a mini bus service for social visits only. Visitors are to be at Woking Station by 13:00 and to wait on the car park side of station for the mini bus.
- By train: The nearest Train Station is 6 miles away in Woking. This is on the main line route from London Waterloo to the South Coast. The prison provides a free minibus service from Woking station for visitors leaving by 13:15 on visit days. The minibus takes visitors travelling by train back to the station after visits. For more information call Send Family Link's direct line in the Visitors' Centre: 01483 471090. Taxis to the prison are also available from ranks on both sides of the Woking station concourse.
- By car: From the M25 at Junction 10 take the A3 towards Guildford. After one mile take the B2215 signposted Ockham. Take 1st exit from Roundabout and continue for 1/2 mile. On a sharp bend turn right into Guileshill lane. At T-Junction turn right and immediately left into Hungry Hill Lane, this becomes Ripley Road, once you see the Perimeter Fence on your left the Prison entrance is approx. 1/4 mile.
- From Guildford take the A3 towards London.
Turn off at the Burnt Common Junction, the B2215 to Ripley. At first roundabout take the third exit, A247 passing the Garage on your left. After crossing the A3 turn left as though to re-join the A3 towards Guildford (signposted HMP Send), keeping to the outside lane turn right off the slip road onto Tithebarns Lane (signposted HMP). At the T-Junction turn right into Ripley Road, the parameter fence is on your left and the Prison entrance is approx. 1/4 mile.
- From Woking take the A320 towards Guildford.
At 1st roundabout take 1st exit towards Old Woking, which is Wych Hill. Turn left at roundabout into High Street, at next roundabout take the right hand junction, the A247 to Send.At next roundabout take 2nd exit (straight over), A247 towards Clandon passing the Garage on your left. After crossing the A3 turn left as though to join the A3 towards Guildford (signposted HMP Send), keeping to the outside lane turn right off the slip road onto Tithebarns Lane (signposted HMP). At the T-Junction turn right into Ripley Road, the perimeter fence is on your left and the Prison entrance is approx. 1/4 mile.
- From Dorking take A25 towards Guildford. Cross the A246 and join the A247, after 2 miles turn right as though to join the A3 towards Guildford (signposted HMP Send), keeping to the outside lane turn right off the slip road onto Tithebarns Lane (signposted HMP). At the T-Junction turn right into Ripley Road, the perimeter fence is on your left and the Prison entrance is approx. 1/4 mile.