Spring Hill prison visiting information
Fri: 13:45 – 15:45
Sat: 13:45 – 15:45
Sun: 13:45 – 15:45
Booking information: For general enquiries telephone 01296 445 000.
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what’s available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email SocialVisits.SpringHill@hmps.gsi.gov.uk
For visiting enquiries please ring 01296 445243, unfortunately we cannot take phone bookings.
Additional information: Springhill is committed to providing a welcoming and positive visits area, with a strong emphasis on developing family ties. We aim to provide visits in a relaxed and friendly environment.
As a rule, bring in as little as possible as you are not allowed to take anything into the prison with you. This includes medication and any personal effects such as wallets, cash, keys, and purses . These items must be left in the lockers that are available at the Visitor Reception Centre. The following items are strictly prohibited:
- Weapons (Guns, knives etc)
- Video cameras
- Syringes, drugs or any other drug paraphernalia
- Mobile phones
In accordance with PSI 16/2011, Providing Visits and Services to Visitors, prisoners have a statutory entitlement to a visit at least every two weeks including at least one weekend visit every four weeks. Each prisoner may be visited by up to three adults and accompanying children. Visitors will be required to provide 1x photo identification or 2 X forms of other identification (i.e. bank statement or utilities bill) and to give the name of the prisoner that they are visiting. If the Visit has been booked on line then the confirmation email must be brought in when you come as proof of booking.
The facilities include an indoor and outdoor play area, a canteen that provides snacks and drinks, toilets and a baby changing room. The canteen is open until 15:15 hrs
Please note that we cannot accept treasury notes above the value of £10.
A no Smoking Policy is operated in both the visits room and outside area.
Disabled Access: The visits room, outside area and the disabled toilet are all accessible.
HMP Springhill is situated between the towns of Aylesbury and Bicester in a very rural location. Visitors should be aware that there are no facilities available until 13:00.
The visits room is a no smoking area, but smoking is permitted in the outside area.
HMP Springhill is situated between the towns of Aylesbury and Bicester, in a very rural location. Visitors should be aware that there are no facilities available until 13:00.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
There is a family-friendly visitor's centre run by the Prison Advice and Care Trust (PACT), a national charity. Visitors are offered a warm welcome, information and support. Further information can be found on the PACT website or by calling 01296 445243 to speak to a member of the PACT team.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there: HMP Springhill is situated, jointly with HMP Grendon, between the towns of Aylesbury and Bicester.
- Bus: There is a bus which runs from Aylesbury bus station on a Saturday. The service is the No. 16, bay 6 . The bus stops outside the prison gates and approximately 10 minutes should be allowed to walk up to the prison. Travel information from 0871200 2233 There are no buses from Bicester Taxi information from Bicester 01869 249207 and from Aylesbury 01296 489777.
- Train: The nearest rail stations of Bicester Town Station (trains to and from Oxford), Bicester North station (trains to and from London Marylebone) and the North and Aylesbury station (trains to and from London Marylebone).
- Car: From Bicester, take the A41 towards Aylesbury. A left hand turn is signed to Grendon Underwood. Go past the Church found on your left hand side, the prison is approximately half a mile on the right hand side.
From Aylesbury, take the A41 towards Bicester for about 12 miles. A right turn is signed HMP Grendon, drive past the Church on your left and the prison is about half a mile further on the right.
- There is a car park outside the prison.