Sudbury prison visiting information
Wed: 14.00 – 16.00
Thurs: 14.00 – 16.00
Sat: 13.45 – 15.45
Sun: 09.45 – 11.45 & 13.45 – 15.45
Booking information: Booked by visitors using the booking form on the website www.gov.uk/prison-visits.
Ammunition, Firearms (including replica and toy firearms)
Weapons (of any description), Explosives
Illegal drugs, Alcohol, Drugs paraphernalia
Sound recording devices, includes MP3/Ipod players/ Kindle/Ipad and other such devices or constituent parts of
The following articles are allowed in Prison, but are NOT to be given to prisoners without authorisation. A person commits an offence if he/she brings, throws, or otherwise conveys any of these articles into the Prison, without prior authorisation, with the intention of the item coming into the possession of a prisoner.
- Money, Clothing
- Food, Drink,
- Letters, Papers, Books
- Tools, IT equipment and Peripherals
Prison Officers may confiscate property if the property is evidence for which there are grounds for arrest.
This must be bagged, labelled and passed to the Security Manager.
Officers may confiscate prohibited items at the Duty Governor’s discretion.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Tue: 09:00 - 11:30
Booking information: Pre-book visits on:
01283 584 066 - Police / Solicitors
01283 584 074 - Probation visitors
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails
with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this
establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique
landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The
prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You
can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
How to get there:
- Bus: A regular bus service is available from Burton on Trent, Tutbury or Uttoxeter on the Uttoxeter/Burton on Trent route. The service runs every hour, Monday to Saturday with a limited service on Sundays.
- Train: The closest main-line railway stations to the prison are at Tutbury and Uttoxeter which are served by Derby, Stoke and Crew stations. Complete the journey by bus (see above).
- Car: Situated at the junction of the A50 and A515 to Ashbourne, Sudbury is easily accessible from M1 at Derby and M6 at Newcastle under Lyme. From Birmingham the A38 connects at Lichfield and thereafter the A515 to Sudbury.
- There is a small visitors car park outside the prison.