Wayland prison visiting information
Mon: 09:00-13:00 (Family or Children Visits - application to be made by Offender)
Tue: 14:00 - 16:00
Wed: 14:00 - 16:00
Thu: no visits
Fri: 14:00 - 16:00
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01953 804152.
Additional information: There is a Visitors' Centre where visitors can book in and wait prior to be taken to the main visits hall. The main visits hall is accessible from 1230 and offers refreshments (Hot and cold.) A play area for children is situated in the visits hall and this is supervised and managed by Spurgeons Children’s Charity. The Visits hall is a No Smoking facility. Disabled access exists to the Visits Rooms with a stair lift available to the Main Visits Hall. Please note property and cash cannot be handed in on Visits. All hand bags, smoking requisites and mobile phones etc, must be stored in the lockers in the visitors centre, or otherwise secured. It is not possible to enter the establishment with these items. Items required for the changing and feeding of infants may be brought in for use during the visiting period. High chairs and carry chairs are available in the visiting hall, as are appropriate changing facilities. A maximum of £50 per visit may be taken into the visits hall for family visits and £30 for domestic visits to purchase refreshments.No monteray notes are allowed, money should be in coins only. HMP Wayland endeavors to provide where ever possible a two hour Social visit, with the national minimum entitlement being a one hour visit per session.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at HMP Hindley. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
Mon: 14:00 - 16:00
Tue: 09:00 - 11:00
Wed: 09:00 - 11:00
Thu: 14:00 - 16:00
Fri: 09:00 - 11:00
Booking information: Pre book on 01953 804179 or email@example.com.
How to get there:
- Bus: There is no regular bus service to Wayland, but an infrequent service does run between Norwich and Watton.
- Train: Train to Thetford or Attleborough. Then by taxi. Taxi’s can be booked via the help desk at the train station.
- Flexi-bus: operates a bus service every Tuesday & Wednesday between Thetford Rail station and HMP Wayland Departing at 13:05 return 16:15 The cost is £4 for Adults and £3 for children. Telephone 03001231145.
- Car: The prison lies off the A1075 about three miles south of Watton and is well signposted. M11 and A11 are the main routes which provide the best connection with most parts of the country.
- Visitors travelling by road from London should take the M11 and exit at Junction 9 – A11 Newmarket/Norwich. Continue on the A11 and, at the Thetford bypass, take the first exit off the FOURTH roundabout, signposted A1075 – Watton/Dereham/HM Prison. After approximately ten miles, take the right turn signposted to the village of Griston. Wayland is the first turning on the left.
- There are visitor parking facilities outside of the prison.