Wayland prison visiting information
Mon: 09:30-13:30 (family visits - application to be made by prisoner)
Tue: 14:00 - 16:00
Wed: 14:00 - 16:00
Thu: no visits
Fri: 14:00 - 16:00
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email email@example.com or call 01953 804152.
Additional information: There is a Visitors' Centre offering refreshments and a play area for main prisoners' children in the visits room. This is supervised and managed by The Ormiston Children & Family Trust. It is a No Smoking facility. Disabled access exists to the Visits Rooms with a stair lift available to the Main Visits Hall. Please note property and cash cannot be handed in on Visits. All hand bags, smoking requisites and mobile phones etc, must be stored in the lockers in the visitors centre, or otherwise secured. It is not possible to enter the establishment with these items. Items required for the changing and feeding of infants may be brought in for use during the visiting period. High chairs and carry chairs are available in the visiting hall, as are appropriate changing facilities. A maximum of £50 per visit may be taken into the visits hall for family visits and £30 for domestic visits to purchase refreshments. HMP Wayland endeavors to provide where ever possible a two hour Social visit, with the national minimum entitlement being a one hour visit per session.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Mon: 14:00 - 16:00
Tue: 09:00 - 11:00
Wed: 09:00 - 11:00
Thu: 14:00 - 16:00
Fri: 09:00 - 11:00
Booking information: Pre book on 01953 804179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to get there:
- Bus: There is no regular bus service to Wayland, but an infrequent service does run between Norwich and Watton. For the benefit of relatives who will be visiting prisoners, a London bus company runs a coach service direct to the prison. Prison staff can advise on these facilities.
- Special Transport: THT Travel operates a bus service EVERY SUNDAY, Wednesday and 3rd Saturday (telephone number - 07757 330180).
- Train: Train to Thetford or Attleborough. Then by taxi. Taxis may be booked in advance on one of the following numbers: 01953 455725, 01953 885966 or 01842 763148.
- By taxi: Home James: 01953 885966
Anne's Cars: 01953 881420
C&S Taxis: 01842 760322
A2B Taxi: 01842 755222
- Car: The prison lies off the A1075 about three miles south of Watton and is well signposted. M11 and A11 are the main routes which provide the best connection with most parts of the country.
- Visitors travelling by road from London should take the M11 and exit at Junction 9 – A11 Newmarket/Norwich. Continue on the A11 and, at the Thetford bypass, take the first exit off the FOURTH roundabout, signposted A1075 – Watton/Dereham/HM Prison. After approximately ten miles, take the right turn signposted to the village of Griston. Wayland is the first turning on the left.
- There are visitor parking facilities outside of the prison.