Wealstun prison visiting information
Mon 09.30 - 11.30 and 13.30 - 15.30
Tue 09.30 - 11.30 and 13.30 - 15.30
Wed 09.30 - 11.30 and 13.30 - 15.30
Thu 09.30 - 11.30 and 13.30 - 15.30
Sat 09.30 - 11.30 am and 13.45 - 16.00
Sun 09.30 - 11.30 am and 13.45 - 16.00
To book online, visit: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
All you need is:
- the name and date of birth of the person you are visiting
- their prisoner number.
You can choose up to 3 possible dates and times. Prison booking staff will check what's available and confirm your visit by email.
If you've made an online visit booking request and haven't received a confirmation email within 1-3 working days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01937 444599, lines open 0830-1230 Monday to Friday.
Additional information: Wealstun has a Visitors Centre for use on visiting days which opens from 08:30 Mon-Sun. The visiting room has play area facilities and a refreshment counter where food may be purchased (only open at selected times).
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
Tue 09.30 - 11.30 am and 13.45 - 16.00
Thu 09.30 - 11.30 am and 13.45 - 16.00
Booking information: Booking Information: 01937 444599 Monday to Friday (0830-1230).
Visits can also be booked by email: email@example.com.
Video link is available at HMPS Wealstun for oral hearings, sentence planning boards and other discretionary reviews subject to the approval of the offender supervisor.
How to get there:
- By Train. The nearest Railway Stations are Leeds (about 12 miles) and York (about 15 miles).
- By Bus. Service 770 Leeds-Harrogate via Wetherby runs half-hourly, 20 past and 50 past the hour from Leeds Bus Station (Monday to Saturday) and hourly (50 past the hour) on Sunday and takes you past the Prison gates. The journey time is about 45 minutes. Monday to Saturday the return from the Prison into Leeds is again half-hourly, at 15 and 45 past the hour, Sunday the service is hourly, passing the gates at 20 past.
Busses from York (service 412,) are generally 27 minutes past the hour from the stop outside York Railway Station Monday-Saturday( 07:47, 09:27, 10:27 then 12:27, 14:27, 16:27) and take you into Wetherby Town Centre from where you would have to get a taxi/bus forward. There is NO Sunday service on this route.
- By car - HMP Wealstun is 3 miles east of the A1, the nearest town is Wetherby.
From the south – Take exit 45 from the A1 directed to Wetherby / Otley. At the first roundabout take a left turn and shortly after, at the second roundabout turn right, onto the A168 signposted Wetherby. As you approach the town there are directions for Walton / Thorp Arch Trading Estate and these will take you to directions for the Prison. From the North follow signs off the A1 for Wetherby/Racecourse and then pick up signposts for Thorp Arch Trading Estate/Walton and these take you onto directions to the Prison.
- Taxi – from both Leeds and York the journey time will be about 30 minutes and will cost between £20 to £30 if pre-booked. From Wetherby about £6 to £8, again if pre-booked.
- Parking -There is a large visitor’s car park signposted as you approach the prison on the left hand side about 200 yards from the main gate. There are a limited number of disabled (blue badge required) parking spaces next to the Visitors Centre, just to the right of the main gate. There is no general parking here.