Wormwood Scrubs prison visiting information
Booking a social visit:
Entitlement to Visits
If this is your first visit then there are two ways to book:
1. Book online: www.gov.uk/prison-visits
2. Telephone – By calling any of the following numbers between 0900 and 1800 Mon – Fri.
|0121 626 3791||0121 626 2740|
If you are not already registered as an approved visitor for the person you are coming to visit then you will need to include the following details in your email:
i. Name and number of the person you are visiting.
ii. Name of each visitor
iii. Date of Birth of each visitor
iv. Address of each visitor
v. Relationship to the person you are visiting
vi. Your telephone number
You must book online. (www.gov.uk/prison-visits)
Can only be used to:
i. Book a first visit.
ii. Add a visitor to a booking.
iii. Make changes to a booking.
iv. Cancel a booking.
Booking a Visit – Table of reference.
|First Visit|| || |
Changing a Booking
- Bookings can be change using either the email address or the telephone numbers above.
- Changes must be made before midday of the last working day before the visit.
Social Visits Timetable
|Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
|Monday||0900 – 1100||1400 - 1600 (18+)|
|Tuesday||0900 – 1100||Closed|
|Wednesday||0900 – 1100||1400 – 1600|
|Thursday||0900 – 1100 (18+)||1400 – 1600|
|Friday||0900 – 1100||Closed|
|Saturday||0900 – 1100||1400 – 1600|
|Sunday||Closed||1400 – 1600|
All visitors are to arrive in good time for their visits. Visitors must be booked in for their visit by 0930 for the AM session and by 1430 for the PM session otherwise entry will not be permitted.
- Children (under 18 years) may be required to produce one piece of ID that includes their date of birth to confirm that they are under 18.
- Acceptable ID for visits.
Items permitted into Visits
- £20 in coins for use in canteen.
There is a visitor’s at HMP Wormwood Scrubs run by Spurgeons which offers a canteen and somewhere to wait for your visit. For more information please see their website or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be entitled to travel expenses. Please see the Assisted Prison Visits Scheme page for more information.
We operate a family friendly dress policy. This dress code must be adhered to at all times, otherwise entry may be refused. The following items of clothing are not permitted:
- Hats, scarves or other headwear not worn on religious grounds.
- Metal hair accessories, inclusive of pins in headdress.
- Steel cap shoes (motorcycle boots, work boots etc).
- Heavy metal jewellery.
- Low cut tops, crop tops or tops revealing the navel.
- Backless or see through tops.
- Male vests.
- Damaged clothing or ripped jeans.
- Abusive or insulting words on clothing.
- Mini Skirts or very short dresses.
- Hot pants.
- Only one pair of trousers per person.
Bookings for legal visits are made online at www.gov.uk/prison-visits
The Legal Visits Booking Office is open 0900 – 1600 Monday to Friday.
Any changes must be made before 1200 on the last weekday preceding the visit.
Legal Visits Timetable:
All session times are as follows:
AM: 0900 – 1000 and 1000 – 1100.
PM: 1400 – 1500 and 1500 – 1600.
Open table legal visits will be conducted on normal visits tables. Closed will take place in a private booth.
We are now offering a large open table session on a Tuesday afternoon, there is normally availability for this session.
|Morning Session||Afternoon Session|
Closed Booth Open Table
|Closed Booth Open Table|
|Monday||Open Open||Open Open|
|Tuesday||Open Open (42 tables)||Open Open|
|Wednesday||Open Closed||Open Open|
|Thursday||Open Open||Open Open|
|Friday||Open Open||Closed Closed|
How to get here
|HMP Wormwood Scrubs |
Du Cane Road
London, W12 0AE
Bus: 7, 70, 72, 272 and 283.