Fee account for civil court fees
HM Courts & Tribunals Service Fee Account is a fast, easy fee payment service which allows repeat business users to pay court fees electronically (moving away from the practice of issuing cheques).
The service is available for customers that use the National Business Centres (County Court Money Claims Centre – Salford and County Court Business Centre – Northampton), all offices of the County and Family Court, magistrates courts that deal with civil and family work, the Royal Courts of Justice, probate registries and the Court of Protection.
HM Courts & Tribunals Service had previously piloted an account service in a limited number of sites for a couple of years under the name of Payment by Account (Pba), Fee Account replaces that service.
The service was launched nationally on the 17 November 2014, since that date over 1,100 customers have enjoyed the benefits of the new system. The response to the system has been overwhelmingly positive with a sample of comments below:
"We found the using the system easy to use and we would recommend it to other customers “
"I would wholeheartedly recommend the facility to any organisation that makes regular payments to the courts."
"The new HM Courts & Tribunals Service has dramatically reduced the workload both for our accounts team and our fee earners. JCA thoroughly recommend it use to other solicitors"
JCA Solicitors '.
The service offers customers improved fee management and court application processing, through the removal of paper (cheque) processing in favour of a digital solution, efficiencies will be realised both in saving time and money for the customer and HMCTS.
Benefits to the customer of using Fee Accounts include;
- Provision for customers to use one single method of payment across any of the jurisdictions with an option for sub accounts.
- Elimination of cheques to be replaced by a quick and easy direct debit facility
- Potential reductions in administration overheads in raising and authorising cheques.
- No banking charges for each business cheque raised and processed.
- Improved security of payment by eliminating the potential for loss or delay through manual handling of cheques.
- Reduced delays caused by re-issue of payments to replace unsigned, incorrect value or lost cheques .
- Refunds applied directly to customers accounts.
- Weekly and monthly invoicing to customers.
It’s quicker, cheaper and easier to pay court fees using Fee Account.
If your organisation is interested in opening an account or you have any queries, please e-mail MiddleOffice.DDServices@liberata.gse.gov.uk
For all other fee related enquiry please contact your local court.