Traffic Enforcement Centre
Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC), is a registration point for local authorities (LAs) that have de-criminalised on-street parking charges.
Vehicle emission penalties, London Road User Charging (Congestion Charging) and Bus Lane Encroachment penalties for London Boroughs are also recovered through TEC.
Local Authorities send registration data through electronically and receive the guarantee that, following computer validation, the registration will be effected on the day of receipt. Authority to produce the Order for Recovery is given the same day to the LA.
Our staff involvement is split between two areas. The first is dealing with calls via our dedicated telephone helpdesk, assisting respondents with TEC procedures and where necessary sending relevant forms. The second area is the processing of the relevant Statutory Declarations and applications to file the Statutory Declaration out of time.
- The Road Traffic Act 1991 (section 78 and schedule 6)
- The Traffic Management Act 2004 (section 82)
- London Local Authorities Act 1996 (as amended)
- The Road Traffic (Vehicle Emission) (Fixed Penalty) (England) Regulations 2002
- The London Road User Charging Regulations 2001
Part 75 of the Civil Procedure rules relates to the TEC.