Rules and Practice Directions
On this page, you can –
- read online, or download and save, the latest versions of the Criminal Procedure Rules and Criminal Practice Directions
- read or download the complete Rules and Practice Directions, or read or download separate Parts of the Rules and separate divisions of the Practice Directions. (The complete edition includes content bookmarks and can be searched.)
Rules and Practice Directions contents
- General matters
- Preliminary proceedings
- Custody and bail
- Confiscation and related proceedings
- Other proceedings
- General and listing Practice Directions
- Case management rules extract
For the statutory instruments that contain the Criminal Procedure Rules, see Statutory Instruments.
For more information about the Rules and Practice Directions, see Notes.
For the rules about civil (not criminal) procedure in magistrates’ courts and the Crown Court, see Other procedure rules for magistrates’ courts and the Crown Court.