Work Experience

Royal Court of Justice

Work experience placements are currently on hold until further notice. This page will be updated when the position changes.

Enquiries about work experience placements in any other court building e.g. local magistrates, county or Crown courts must be made with that court. Contact details can be found in CourtFinder.

Legal work experience

Those seeking legal work experience should contact the Bar Council who can put you in touch with Barristers Chambers who may be able to assist you:

Please visit as this contains information of chambers who offer pupillage/mini-pupillage.

If you are interested in marshalling you should contact your local Crown Court and ask if any Circuit Judges are taking on a marshal or, if you are affiliated to one of the Inns of Court, you should approach a judge through them. Applicants should usually have completed either the Legal Practice Course or the Bar Vocational Course before they apply for marshalling.

HM Courts & Tribunals Service


Get email alerts
Find a form
Find a court form