Employment Tribunal forms
Information you need to know before making a claim to an Employment Tribunal or responding to a claim against you.
If you are making a claim, check the Jurisdiction list to confirm you have grounds to make a claim.
If you would like a copy of this booklet in Braille, large print or on disc please contact a Tribunal office, or the Employment Tribunals Public Enquiry Line on 0845 795 9775
Please note the following when completing the claim or response form:
- Please ensure you read the Guide to making an Employment Tribunal Claim before you start to complete your claim
- To be able to use the downloadable Employment Tribunals forms you must have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader free of charge. (Please note that the form may not be useable in other pdf viewers and older versions of Adobe Reader.)
- Users are advised to download and save a copy of the claim or response form before completion
- Mac Users will need to disable ‘Preview’ for handling PDF documents.
- The form does not require a date or signature when being submitted via the submit form button
- Blank pages at the back of the form can be used if more space is required
- Ensure that the disclaimer at Section 11 is ticked
- Use the highlight Fields button to show any errors or omissions if prompted
Users MUST download and save a copy of the claim or response form before completion.
Claim (ET1) form & guidance
Please read the Guide to making an Employment Tribunal Claim before you start to complete your claim.
Also available in Braille, audio, large print and on disk.
Please ensure when selecting the reason(s) for your claim on the front cover sheet of the downloadable form: That you also provide this information within the form (section 5.1) setting out the background and details of your claim within section 5.2.
If you wish to a submit claim use:
Downloadable PDF version of the new ET1 claim form (0.85mb, Adobe PDF)
Information for England and Wales based claimants
If someone is advising or representing you in relation to your claim, they must, unless they are a practising solicitor or barrister, be authorised to do so, wherever they are based (including Scotland, the Channel Islands and all of Europe) Trade Union officials, Citizens' Advice Bureau advisors or a personal friend helping you present your claim may be exempted from these requirements.
However, to check your representatives status, and for more information, telephone 0845 450 6858 or go to the Claims Management Regulation section.
Response (ET3) form & guidance
Guide to responding to a claim to an Employment Tribunal. Also available in Braille, audio, large print and on disk.
If a claim has been made against you please use the response form:
downloadable PDF version of the new ET3 response form (1mb, Adobe PDF)
Expenses claim forms
You may be able to claim certain expenses and allowances for attending an Employment Tribunal hearing. All claims should be made as soon as possible after the conclusion of the hearing. This document provides guidance on what you may claim.
- Expenses and allowances payable to parties and witnesses attending an Employment Tribunal (PDF 0.03mb)
- Party/witness claim for attending an employment tribunal (PDF 0.16mb)
- Declaration from a party/witness who is self employed and claiming loss of earnings (PDF 0.00mb)
- Making a claim to an Employment Tribunal - Welsh
- Your claim - what happens next? - Welsh
- The hearing Guidance for claimants and respondents - Welsh
- The hearing Guidance for claimants - Welsh
- Responding to a Claim to an Employment Tribunal - Welsh
- Responding to a Claim against you - Welsh
- The Judgment - Welsh (199kb, Adobe PDF)
Ffurflen hawlio (ET1) and Ffurflen ymateb (ET3)
Ffurflen hawlio ET1 (PDF 0.07mb)
Ffurflen ymateb ET3 (PDF 0.02mb)
For claimants in Northern Ireland
New Claimants in Northern Ireland should apply to the Industrial Tribunals and Fair Employment Tribunal, Northern Ireland.