Humber prison visiting information
Mon: 14:15 – 16:15
Tues: 14:15 – 16:15
Fri: 14:00 – 16:00
Sat: 09:00-11:00 and 14:00 – 16:00
Sun: 09:00-11:00 and 14:00 – 16:00
The Visits Centre is located outside the Prison Main Gate and is open from 12.30 pm Monday to Saturday, and 09:00 am on a Sunday.
Assisted Prison Visits Scheme web provide details of eligibility for assistance with travel.
You may be entitled to help with your travel expenses. Please visit the page for more information.
Mon: 09:00-10:00 or 10:00-11:00 Weds: 09:00-10:00 or 10:00-11:00Fri: 09:00-10:00 or 10:00-11:00
Visits must be pre-booked on 03000 606606. The booking line is open 09:00-12:00 & 14:00-16:00 Monday-Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). Visits can be booked a minimum of 24-hours and up to a maximum of 28 days in advance. At least 24 hours’ notice is required to cancel/amend a visit and 72-hours’ notice is required to process any IT requests.
Booking via email: Legalvisits.firstname.lastname@example.org
Attending for a Visit
All visitors (except accompanied children under the age of 16) must attend the Visitors Centre to ‘book in’ and show proof of identity. Visitors can attend this venue from 12:30hrs and booking in will take place up until 30 minutes before the cease of visits. Any visitors arriving after this time will not be permitted entry.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
Oneof the following forms of identification will be considered acceptable:-
- Driving License with photograph
- Birth Certificate
- Senior Citizen’s public transport pass issued by a local authority
- Annual British Rail or London Transport season ticket with photo card
- Employer’s ID card but only if this clearly shows the name of the visitor and the employer and has a photograph and signature which can be compared with the visitor’s appearance or signature and the employer named on the card is known to exist.
If you are unable to produce one of the above, staff may accept a combination of two or more of the following:-
- Rail or bus pass photograph
- Cheque book or credit/debit card
- Employer’s pass or ID not acceptable under point 6. Above
- Young person’s ‘proof of age’ card
- Trade Union or National Students Union membership card
- Rent book.
Items allowed into the prison
You may only bring the following items into the prison:-
- Your proof of ID
- Cash for spending at the visit canteen – up to £10 per person visiting plus £10 for the prisoner, total up to a maximum of £40.
- Clothing as worn (no loose items such as scarves, hats, gloves etc. See Clothing Policy for more details)
- A baby’s bottle containing prepared milk/soft drink and a baby’s dummy.
- A baby cup, baby wipe(s) and headgear/hats are allowed for small babies.
- Items required for medical reasons i.e. crutches, wheelchair etc.
- Visitors centre locker key.
HMP Humber Visitors Dress Code
Visitors to HMP Humber must be dressed appropriately at all times, which will reflect in our aim to create a family atmosphere as part of the Reducing Reoffending and Decency agenda. This instruction applies to all visitors to the establishment regardless of age and gender.
At HMP Humber it is considered to be inappropriate to wear the following types of clothing:
- Short/cropped tops that reveal naked midriff.
- Low cut tops or shirts that unbutton to reveal cleavage or bare chest.
- Vests (as single garment)
- Mini-skirts that are shorter than knee length and expose thighs.
- Shorts that are shorter than knee length and expose thighs.
- All types of see-through clothing.
- Headwear (other than for religious purposes)
- Clothing that is offensive in nature or displays offensive discriminatory or inappropriate material including logos or vigils of sports teams.
- Ripped clothing
- Cloaks, capes, scarves or other articles that could prevent staff from observing visitors and prisoners sufficiently.
- No boots higher than ankle height
- No steel toe caps
- No clothing which is deemed to have the potential to be used as a weapon.
- No multiple layers of the same item of clothing i.e. two jackets, two pairs of trousers etc.
- No padded coats or jackets.
- No hi-vis coats or jackets.
You will be given one verbal warning and any visitor that does not comply with this dress code after the warning will not be permitted entry to HMP Humber at the discretion of the visits staff.
How to get there:
HMP Humber is located between the villages of North and South Cave, East Yorkshire. The site is clearly marked.
- BUS: East Yorkshire bus service number 155. Telephone EYMS for timetable details (01482 222222).
- TRAIN: The nearest train station is Brough which is 5 miles away – a taxi is required to complete the journey.
HMP Humber Site: HU15 2JZ
Use the M62 and exit at Junction 36 then follow the signs.
From the East:
Leave the A63 at the turn off for Market Weighton/South Cave (A1034), follow the road into South Cave. At the crossroads turn left towards North Cave. After approximately 2 miles you will see the prison on your left.
From the North:
Stay on the A1034 until you reach South Cave. At the crossroads turn right towards North Cave. After Approximately 2 miles you will see the prison on your left.
Parking: Car parking is available on site.
Prison Voicemail service
Social contacts can exchange voicemails with prisoners through the Prison Voicemail service, which is available at this establishment. Family members or friends sign up online and are given a unique landline phone number which they can call at any time to leave messages. The prisoner dials the same number from within the prison to listen and reply. You can find more information including pricing at www.prisonvoicemail.com.
Email a Prisoner
Email a Prisoner offers a quick, efficient, secure alternative method of communication for prisoners and their families, friends, legal professionals and related organisations - meaning prisoners can receive more frequent and varied communication. The system allows you to write an email, press 'send' and sit back in the knowledge the email will be delivered safely, securely & ready for delivery to the prison of your choice. Your message is printed inside the prison and will be included in the daily mail delivery. You can find more information including pricing at www.emailaprisoner.com.